Go Back   C.O.R.E. FORUM > Campfire > Tech and How-To
Gallery FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-16-2012, 12:12 PM   #1
acousticrawk
The MacDaddy

Send a message via AIM to acousticrawk
bought a ZJ and I'm having a few minor issues i can't seem to work out!

so, i have an interesting story and problem:
About a week or two ago, I went up to east liberty and bought a 98 zj, 4.0l that didn't run and had been sitting all winter. the guy selling it said it would crank but wouldn't start due to no spark (they had just replaced everything in the ignition system from coil to plugs) so he said it was probably the CPS (or CKS as some of you might know it.) threw a good battery in it, and sure enough, cranked great, no start. it was pretty clean, and i got the price I wanted so i bought it and had it towed to the shop my gf's dad uses, to have the TPS replaced. I bought a new battery and dropped it off. the tech went out the next day and "cycled the key several times, thinking the add relay was stuck", and it started right up. and it has started fine ever since then! thats the good news... the bad news is the tranny lines were shot, so I had it towed back home to cincinnati (thankfully i have a AAA premier membership) and i replaced the old tranny ones with some rubber line (just temporary until i can get up and order the factory hard lines.) now, it starts and runs, but there is a slight hesitation from idle until 1300 RPMS or so, and, once the jeep gets hot, it starts to idle a bit rough. the steering and suspension all feel very loose as well id like to ad (it does have whatever transfer case is always in 4x4...sucks, and i will be replacing it soon). it feels a bit underpowered as well. not terrible but a bit. I'm going to clean the throttle body and sea foam it as well. could a dieting TPS cause me to idle a bit rough once warm? Ill be pulling the codes when i go to work today.

Also, Im a manager at autozone in cincinnati on warsaw ave. if your in the area and need parts, stop by and see me, ask for levi, ill take care of you and make sure you get a 10% discount! like to take care of my jeep friends!
acousticrawk is offline   Reply With Quote