Go Back   C.O.R.E. FORUM > Campfire > Trail Runs and Events
Gallery FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2011, 12:32 PM   #1
nickhuts
GRAB A SNATCH BLOCK!!

Coal Creek OHV info

We have been going down to coal creek for about 8 years now every october. We always end up getting lost and take the dusty ass gravel roads back.

BUT this year I am going to take charge and kinda try and plan some destinations .

I have heard there is a WWII radio base and air field, multiple old coal mines, a dam/resivour, ...

If anyone has been there and know any good trail loops or a spot on a trail that has a good view or something cool to see let me know. Our trip is October 7th-9th.

THANKS!

bye the way we are on four wheelers
Old 09-22-2011, 02:15 PM   #2
f4isvt

i went a couple weeks ago and rode 16 the full length quite the scenery on the other side of the gravel road. 18 was pretty nice. the waterfall is very cool if it has rained recently. the windmills is a bust and takes to damn long to get there.
1989 ext cab yota 22re bored .20 over trd cam, trd headers, Marlin crawler front bumper w/stinger, Marlin crawler roll cage, trailgear rear bumper, trailgear rock sliders, richmond 5.29's, and lockright rear, 33 nokian mt's. 10k winch. Rear disc conversion. Chromoly rear axle shafts. Bombproof motor mounts and transfer case mount. Whole lot of rust and scratches.
f4isvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 05:16 PM   #3
solar1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickhuts View Post
We have been going down to coal creek for about 8 years now every october. We always end up getting lost and take the dusty ass gravel roads back.

BUT this year I am going to take charge and kinda try and plan some destinations .

I have heard there is a WWII radio base and air field, multiple old coal mines, a dam/resivour, ...

If anyone has been there and know any good trail loops or a spot on a trail that has a good view or something cool to see let me know. Our trip is October 7th-9th.

THANKS!

bye the way we are on four wheelers

One of my favorite places to wheel. Trail 16 is a lot of fun and the waterfall. Trail 3 has a couple of the closed up 100 year old coal mines and coal dump. Trail 15 and little mule are a ton of fun if you like to play on rocks and a short course. Also passes by the base of Rattle Rock. Maybe my most favorite trail is 39 though. A bit tough but I did do it on 33" a couple of times. Tons of fun even on 35" with what use to be a he'll of a winch climb out at the end. Was down there last month and they did cut in a bypass on the end. Download the map from the net to your GPS as well. Buy a new map as my map from last year is out of date and we learned they cut in some new trails off of 35.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
solar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 06:46 AM   #4
f4isvt

yeah i forgot about the map do indeed get a new map. its been updated with several new trails on it. I am pretty much game to go to this place any time my mom and dad live about an hour from there so i got free room and board.
1989 ext cab yota 22re bored .20 over trd cam, trd headers, Marlin crawler front bumper w/stinger, Marlin crawler roll cage, trailgear rear bumper, trailgear rock sliders, richmond 5.29's, and lockright rear, 33 nokian mt's. 10k winch. Rear disc conversion. Chromoly rear axle shafts. Bombproof motor mounts and transfer case mount. Whole lot of rust and scratches.
f4isvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 10:06 PM   #5
xplorer55

coalcreek

Id love to tag along!. Please pm me with details. As in is this a one day ride or two? And all that stuff! I'm on a lifted sportsman 4x4 lol atv
Old 09-29-2011, 10:09 PM   #6
xplorer55

By the way I'm in hamilton. I could follow ya guys out or if ya had room n saved me gas plus the stress of not knowing if my junk haulin truck will make it that far I could ride along with you guys and chip in on gas
Old 09-30-2011, 07:43 AM   #7
no mods

Ill be down there next weekend..7-9
no mods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 04:20 PM   #8
nickhuts
GRAB A SNATCH BLOCK!!

sweet! We are a lil tired of camping from doing some Jeeping at Drummond Island up in michigan so we are stayin at the stay bridge suites in Oakridge.
Look for the new F150 with a red car trailer and a big black dodge dually.

Ok some more details sorry about the late response but no cell service up by canada..A!

We are leaving friday morning around 7am.
take 75 south til you get to the oakridge exit.
the address for the hotel is

420 South Illinois Avenue
Oak Ridge, TN 37830
(865) 298-0050

(you can also camp if you would like.)

the adress for the parking lot is
555 Windrock Road
Oliver Springs, TN 37840

We have a pretty big group going down. A lot of older guys. I go to hang with my pops so anyone with a fourwheeler that wants to follow us down there and get lost is welcome. We dont ride fast (old men lol)
Pack a lunch for Saturday.
We will ride a half day friday after we arrive, all day saturday, and maybe half day sunday but who knows.

Its fun and we run about 50-80 miles a day. just depends on if someone breaks or whatever.

Things to bring off the top of my head

-Lunch
-tire plugs
-extra gallon of gas (comes in handy!)
-i think its like $30 to ride there for the weekend
-your ATV...DUH!
-helmet
-maybe a selection of tools. Between all of us we usually have a good selection of stuff to fix or rig stuff together like JB weld or zip ties
-goggles

Sorry this post seems a little cluttered and crazy. I am just typing whatever comes to my head.

Here is the web site for more info.

http://www.coalcreekohv.com/

Last edited by nickhuts; 10-04-2011 at 04:36 PM.
nickhuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 11:24 PM
Waffle
This message has been deleted by Waffle.
Old 10-06-2011, 08:05 AM   #9
nickhuts
GRAB A SNATCH BLOCK!!

Ok we are leaving at 5am. Trying to get there around 10. Who all wants to go?