Drive shaft shop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drive shaft shop?

Where can I get a drive shaft shortened, locally, besides Cincinnati Driveline?
    88 4Runner, 350 V8 swap in progress

http://staff.4x4wire.com/adamf

B & T Driveshaft Inc
    1280 State Route 28
    Loveland, OH 45140
    (513) 575-4200‎

Power Clutch & Drive
    4845 Provident Dr
    Cincinnati, OH 45246-1018
    Phone: (513) 874-3680
    For you guys who can't drive, I have owned a frame rack for several years. Prices are based on your skill and ability to wreck it....

Comment

A buddy here at my work will do it for $40 but I am up in Middletown.

Comment

grind the welds, and use a chopsaw to shorten it. unless of course it's a DD. mines hideous, and i've never felt a vibe from it, and it has been through hell, not to mention, it was the first thing i ever stick welded.
        zuk buggy.....it'll be a jeep eventually.

Comment

I thought about doing it myself, but I want to make 100% sure its done right, and balanced. Its not a DD, but will be driven to the trails, which can be up to 4-5 hours away. I cant afford to have it fail.

Comment

Originally posted by jfiscus View Post
            A buddy here at my work will do it for $40 but I am up in Middletown.

I'm looking for a shop to do it, has to be done right. (not saying your buddy cant do it right, but I need a reputable shop)

Comment

Republic Diesel (I've dealt with Brian)
              (same location, but different ownership than what was once Performance Driveline and Clutch)
              3210 Profit Drive, Fairfield, OH 45014
              (513) 860-9803
              (513) 860-5644 (fax)
              (877) 860-9803 (toll-free)

Power Clutch and Drive
              4845 Provident Drive, Cincinnati, OH 45246
              phone: (513) 874-3680
              fax: (513) 860-1444
              toll-free: (800) 998-0282

(I think that Sarge and others may still have trouble sitting because of their interaction with PowerClutch&Drive... but I'm also sure that opinions are like elbows... everybody's got more than one.)
              brad

5.0L | 435 | 203 | 300 | 4.10 | 39.5
              Buildup BACK underway...

sigpic

Comment

I have dealt with Republic Diesel on the big rig end of things, getting parts from them and they all seem to be decent guys. I think the did fire the one I didn't like so that works out. But I would give them a sort good prices.
                88 XJ - 5" lift - 35" BFG's - Bumpers - Rock Rails - Homebrewed OBA - Roof Rack - Tube Doors - Trimmed - Dented

87 XJ - D44 - Disco D30 - 235's - 231TC - Stock for now

Comment

Yep, I still bleed a little from my transaction with P,C & D , and they have gotten even worse !!!! John just took his DS down there to have it legthened and they charged him $152.00 just for labor , the total price was $209.00 for a 22 1/2 " long no slip DS balanced but they did install spicer u-joint and failed to give us the snap rings !! thank goodness I have tons of extra's

I'll be making my next one !!

Comment

Working...
                  X