Alignment Shop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alignment Shop?

Any recommendation on an alignment shop that can handle D60's F&R?
    My usual shop that handles the DD suggested going to Bethel Frame & Wheel Alignment.

Being in Anderson, that's an easy choice, but I was sondering if anyone here had any experience with 'em.

Thanks!
    TomH

Originally posted by TomH View Post
    I don't understand why you need a special shop, not like there weren't thousands of vehicles that rolled off the dealer lot with D60's on them.

Comment

Originally posted by blazerbrad View Post
      I don't understand why you need a special shop, not like there weren't thousands of vehicles that rolled off the dealer lot with D60's on them.
      I didn't get it either. Perhaps it's related to the 37" rubber or the 4-link, but their answer was "No can do, we don't have the right adapters"

Comment

Adapters for your wheels is the only thing possible for the alignment heads. Some beadlock rims/large rims with little or no lip make it tuff for some heads to hook up correctly without adapters.

What type of rear end you have makes zero diffrence. I've never used Bethel Frame & Wheel Alignment but I'm sure they can do it. I use my shop in Lawrenceburg or Harrison Frame and Axle in Harrison,Ohio.
        06 TJ, 8.8 Aussied, 4.88's and 35" KM2's

Comment

If it's the wheels causing a problem, then just see if you can borrow a set of stockers for the alignment.

Comment

Originally posted by TomH View Post
            My usual shop that handles the DD suggested going to Bethel Frame & Wheel Alignment.

Being in Anderson, that's an easy choice, but I was sondering if anyone here had any experience with 'em.

Thanks!
            TomH
            Greg or Babe at bethel Wheel and frame wont have a proplem with it.
            I have know them all of my life and they are good people to deal with.

Comment

How heavy is the vehicle. I had a problem finding someone to do my dually. They said it was to heavy for their alignment lift.
              90' Jeep XJ Buggy - 5.5 custom lift, 33" TSL's, locked
              01' Softail
              01' Dodge Ram Cummins 3500 4X4
              71' Dodge Challenger

Shane

Comment

^^^Sometimes thats true. I can lift up to about 8K on our rack's and if that dosen't work we have a pit rack that will do anything...eg semi's,Motor Homes etc.

Not all racks are the same as far as GVW goes either.
                06 TJ, 8.8 Aussied, 4.88's and 35" KM2's

Comment

Originally posted by tinbeater View Post
                  Perfect!

Thanks.

Comment

Bust out a tape measure and angle finder and do it yourself. I ran into the same issue about 6 months ago when I tried to find a place to align my truck. Apparently a custom built 4 link in the rear and 3 link up front are too much for alignment shops to handle even though theres more adjustibility and its easier to do than factory origional I ended up doing my own and I have no issues running down the road at highway speeds. If you would like help just let me know.

AARON
                    91 MJ Under construction

Comment

Mr ShoeBoy,

I used plumb bobs and a tape measure to get close, but the steering is still real "busy" and needs a lot of attention while driving. I suspect that it's either not square or I'm off on the caster/toe "balance."

That being said, I'm planning on letting a shop get it on a frame table to get it right and then I can take measurements back at my place for keeping it in (returning it to) spec with the tape/angle finder. (I also agree about the adjustability of a 4-link, but I need a good starting point.) I'm also figuring that a reputable shop gives me a second set of (trained) eyes to validate my steering set-up.

Thanks.

Comment

No problem TomH.

What tire size are you running?

I have found that the bigger tire size less caster can be used. Typical caster is between 5 and 7 degrees. Toe in is anywhere from 0 or 1/16 to as much as 3/16.

When I had 33s I had 6 deg caster and 1/8" toe in and it drove great. After going to 35s the same alignment specs didnt work out. I am now running 4 deg caster and 1/16 toe in and its great going down the highway. If you cant find a shop to do it, try tweaking with the caster and see what happens.

Good Luck,

AARON
                        91 MJ Under construction

Comment

Originally posted by MrShoeBoy View Post
                          No problem TomH.

What tire size are you running?

38"

Comment

Originally posted by tinbeater View Post
                            Got it done today and they did good! (Nice to be in a shop where they give a damn!)

Comment

Working...
                            X