Benefit Likes/Dislikes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Benefit Likes/Dislikes

So what are your thoughts on the benefit? What needed improvements or what went well? Here's either what I've heard or what I am thinking (realizing a lot of coordination needs to take place to pull these off):

Bathroom situation (nuff said)
    Spectator parking more defined (say parking by BnB for spectators)
    Train to/from BnB (from parking by BnB for spectators to event)
    Lunch situation: Maybe get BnB to open the buffet barn to get out of the heat (maybe serve sandwiches there?) Maybe work closer with YardBirds in advance?

More defined areas for RTI ramp & car crush (spectator concern)
    I want to be the reason you look down at your phone and smile........then walk into a pole.

Portolet rental
    yellow caution tape for vehicle events
    Shuttle parking cool idea but liability maybe?

:confused:
    sigpic

Comment

Tom asked about maybe grilling burgers ! maybe next year.

Port-a-let !! I thought about that the day before the event !

Parking of entered vehicles was a big concern ! but then again trying to make two rows of rigs is fine , but gets screwed up when you add motorhomes and tow vehicles in the mix . need to have a spot for small rigs and big rigs .

Comment

yall had a spare second to pee??? I never even thought about a restroom till I got home...

We were hoping to get some stakes & caution tape, but that didn't go through I guess, maybe we could round them up now & save them for next year.

Parking "crew" to tell people where to park their rigs.

Sponsorship crew to go out & solicit donations, raffle prizes were slim this year (though the few ones we did get were GREAT!)

Car crush all day, waiting till 1:00 made a lot of spectators leave as there wasn't much to look at besides parked rigs.

Set up a few other "shade" booths for people to seek shelter?

SIGNAGE! Need more signs & people who can spell.

Comment

I thought there should have be some port-o-lets, but then again having to walk to BNB helps to generate some business for them, so I didn't mind, other than then the wife had to shop for a bit

We walked over to Yardbirds for lunch, first time there and they had great BBQ. I would see if they would cut you a deal on a couple roasters full of BBQ Pulled pork and sell sandwiches and drinks. Selling food and drinks would also help generate some funds for the charity

Con to going over to Yardbirds is that we missed out on a couple raffle drawings. Would it be reasonable to call the numbers ever so often and put them on a dry erase board and then at the end of the day draw again for any unclaimed prizes. Just an idea.

Also if the event continues to grow, you could do t-shirts to generate some donations. Someone with CORE does some nice designs for t-shirts. My wife even commented that we should do something like your shirts. Not sure we have anyone with the talent though. At the Rally for Life we did presales for shirts and then ordered a few extra of each size, and then took orders for more at the event.

If you get some flyers out earlier next year, I will see to it that we get them in our handouts that we do for the Rally for Life in Troy. Maybe we can get some reciprocity going of more people coming to yours, and more TS and CORE coming up ours.

I agree that the seperation of show and non-show vehicles would have been nice, but not a big deal.

Good raffle prizes and things to do or watch will keep the event growing.

I think that your on the right track and I look for it to continue to grow.
          1994 YJ, 4.0, 5 speed.

*2006 Dodge 2500 Cummins, 4x4 Auto,Quad cab, LongBed, Tekonsha Prodigy(Tow Rig)

Comment

yardbirds

I went to yardbirds for lunch & got awful service. I got there at 12:10 with my wife & kids along with a friend & her kids, we didn't get our food until 12:55. It's hard to keep kids still for that long. I have never had to wait that long for food anywhere else either. Waitress came by 5 times while we were sitting there with our pops waiting on food asking if we were "ok". She dropped off the food & never came back. We waved & waved & she never came by again, just talked on her cellphone at the bar for 15 minutes. Pops were all empty & my wife's side dish never arrived & another order was wrong. We eventually had to walk over to the bar to ask for our bill just so we could leave to get back to the event. Food was good but not worth the poor service.

Comment

I agree that there should have been some type of ropped off area around the car crush and RTI ramp just to keep some distance between the people and moving vehicles. Some type of tent to provide some shade would have been nice. Having somebody direct parking would help seperate out rigs from spectator cars and RVs/tow rigs. The bathroom was a long walk, next to the BnB, but wasnt bad since after walking that distance in the sun I went in to buy a drink :) They had some good sandwiches inside too! Signs would have helped out all of the above.

Overall it was a great event, there was nothing wrong or bad, and I cant wait for the event next year. Good Job to all who put it together and also thanks to everybody that showed up!

AARON
              91 MJ Under construction

Comment

Another idea. For those wishing to participate in activities (RTI ramp, car crush) Brakes are mandatory!! The guy with the old CJ that broke on the cars did not have functioning brakes.
                1988 Suzuki Samurai on propane
                FJ 40 axles (4.10)
                5.14 tcase
                36" TSL SX

Comment

Originally posted by Hope Springs Hauler View Post
                  Another idea. For those wishing to participate in activities (RTI ramp, car crush) Brakes are mandatory!! The guy with the old CJ that broke on the cars did not have functioning brakes.
                  That was an option on the CJ's, you could go with brakes or just big bumpers.

Comment

Originally posted by GPER View Post
                    I am aware that you are being funny, but this could be a serious issue for the club and whoever allows the club to use their grounds.
                    I'm just suggesting that for liability's sake, we try to suggest this. I do not want the accidents that I have seen in truck pulling.
                    1988 Suzuki Samurai on propane
                    FJ 40 axles (4.10)
                    5.14 tcase
                    36" TSL SX

Comment

Originally posted by GPER View Post
                      Originally posted by Hope Springs Hauler View Post
                      I am aware that you are being funny, but this could be a serious issue for the club and whoever allows the club to use their grounds.
                      I'm just suggesting that for liability's sake, we try to suggest this. I do not want the accidents that I have seen in truck pulling.
                      Funny and valid points can go hand in hand. I've added a vehicle inspection item for next years event planning.

Keep up the feedback. Everyone's perspective is appreciated as everyone's experience could have been different.
                      I want to be the reason you look down at your phone and smile........then walk into a pole.

Comment

Working...
                      X