X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Foot hill climb

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAe9mS2l-vY

Yep, I was in the crowd !

They cut the film but he caught on fire about 5 secounds later.

Comment

I was there too, that was the best event.

Comment

That was like the early 80's to late 70's ...correct?

Comment

84????

Comment

Originally posted by maddhatter View Post
            84????
            That's what I kept thinking also , I was in Jr High and could dream of only two things .... girls and trucks with blowers!

or was it trucks .....and girls with blowers...:o

Comment

Awesome! I'd like to see monster trucks doing more than just crushing cars. I wonder what they would do on a trail ride?
              88 4Runner, 350 V8 swap in progress

http://staff.4x4wire.com/adamf

Comment

Originally posted by 4RunnerAdam View Post
                I wonder what they would do on a trail ride?
                They would suck...all throttle,no lockers,and loud enough to make you want to kill yourself

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcOZJ...-crawling.html

Comment

looked for that video for 20 minutes last night, snuts, just to paste it here as well, couldnt find it, nice work.

Comment

they detroit lockers in the rear and are now using zoomies on them to try and drop the noise level. they were built for speed and jumping. I would still like to have the 30 inch coilovers on them, not sure what to put them on but it would be cool conversation piece.

Comment

I was at gravel for many of Bob C bigfoot attempts along with all the other rig he brought to try the hills. Actually they tried to have some monster truck events there but it just didn't work well I heard the trucks didn't like the lack of pay for beating there rigs. I should look in my old albums and see what photos I can find.

Comment

Gravelrama promoters don't like anything but sand drag cars on that hill.

The VW club I used to belong to rented that site when we put on our buggy races, any good running woods buggy with paddles would climb Big Elm... too many over the top kills the mystique..

I was asked to stay off it buy IOK guys one year during the buggy set-up days, turns out a built woods Banshee with paddles will climb the front and both sides..

Hell, going ups nothing coming down is scary!

Comment

Originally posted by carwash View Post
                          looked for that video for 20 minutes last night, snuts, just to paste it here as well, couldnt find it, nice work.
                          I did the same lastnight, then googled it after work today and found it in the second link I looked at lol

Comment

Originally posted by crazi429 View Post
                            I was at gravel for many of Bob C bigfoot attempts along with all the other rig he brought to try the hills. Actually they tried to have some monster truck events there but it just didn't work well I heard the trucks didn't like the lack of pay for beating there rigs. I should look in my old albums and see what photos I can find.
                            I have pics of big Foot when he was running the dual tractor tires there, and when he first built the truck.

Comment

monster truck rallies have come a long way tho. this new "freestyle" setup competitions they have are pretty fun to watch... huge air jumps, wheelies, blasting thru the sides of mobile homes, etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X