problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problems

i have a sammy and i put yota axles under it with 456 gears i got 6.1 gears in the transfer case and 33/12.50 boggers on it now im havin a problem with when i take it out i brake my transfer case mounts on the frame and have threw my rear drive shaft twice and i get it fixed and it breaks again so i dunno if it my buddys work that keeps failing or what maybe im just geared way to low and thats what is causeing it i was just wanting some outside input to how to fix my problems with it thanks for your input

Post pics of where the mounts keep breaking.
    Sounds like possibly poor welding or else you need a beefier trans mount?

Where are you at in Middletown? I could come take a look.

Comment

With a stock samurai the t-case mounts are weak. I had 32's with 6.4 to 1 case and stock axles and gears and needed to rework the entire t-case cradle. Needs to be ridgid! They make bolt on kits to fix this and as long as you buy the good kits it will work. Mighty kong is the name of the kit I think. Look at how it is made and build it like I did.
      sigpic

Comment

I found the problem

Originally posted by tree_bashed_sammy View Post
        i have a sammy
        I want to be the reason you look down at your phone and smile........then walk into a pole.

Comment

Originally posted by tjjeepjeep View Post
          I found the problem
          yeah people in suzukis wheel hard enough to break stuff ;)
          One of these days Zuk 2.0

Comment

truggy is right if its the stock mounts your breaking it is because they are way over stressed. many manufactures have t case buckets and the 3 mounts to choose from so my suggestion is get on izook and check out the links and get some parts or some good ideas
            One of these days Zuk 2.0

Comment

Originally posted by Flxratd View Post
              yeah people in suzukis wheel hard enough to break stuff ;)

Comment

Is this the sammy thats kinda back halved sitting at crack heads house? If so your pinion angle is too steep,so when the springs wrap up it binds the U-joint and breaks it.You'll need to cut the spring perches off the axle and rotate the pinion down. Are the steel arms of the T-case breaking,or just the rubber mounts between the arms and the frame?
                Last edited by Nuts; 09-10-2008, 06:59 PM.

Comment

yea its the one. he never worked on it and then it started gettin messed with so i took it only thing he would say to do is move the rear end back and turn the case sideways somehow i dunno how he meant that. its breakin where the mounts bolt to the case

Comment

any of you guys got a targa bar for a sami
                    that can be bought cheap?
                    For you guys who can't drive, I have owned a frame rack for several years. Prices are based on your skill and ability to wreck it....

Comment

Originally posted by tree_bashed_sammy View Post
                      yea its the one. he never worked on it and then it started gettin messed with so i took it only thing he would say to do is move the rear end back and turn the case sideways somehow i dunno how he meant that. its breakin where the mounts bolt to the case
                      Where's it at now? I can swing by this weekend and see if we can figure something out. I know right now you don't have to move the case sideways,or the axle back.

Originally posted by fabricator View Post
                      any of you guys got a targa bar for a sami
                      that can be bought cheap?
                      I have one that spry painted OD green,haven't looked at it in awhile but I think its in pretty good shape. I'll look tonight and if its good $40,if its not so good less $s

Comment

Just about every Sami with low t-case gears I've seen that gets used on the trail has trashed the stock t-case mount. Sounds like you've already got somebody to look at it, but if you need more advice I can see what the other guys in our club have done.

Comment

its over by sunset park not to far from u

Comment

Can you drive it over here tomorrow night after 9:00 pm? I'll be in the garage after I get the kids to bed.

Comment

i dont get off work til 1115 and it dont have lights on it but yea i probably would haha

Comment

Working...
                              X