X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did a little bit of shopping today.

Hi-Point .45 ACP.

Made in Lima, OH!!

Here is the best part!! READY????????????????????

$200!!!!!

Buy them now before you can't eh?

Comment

Originally posted by carwash View Post
      Buy them now before you can't eh?

Yep, My wife pretty much made me buy it. Let's just say we did NOT vote for Obama.

Comment

Glad you took up your right to arm yourself! Not to be mean you should have invest in something other than a hi-point........ But will make a ok hammer in a pinch!;)

if i am not currently offending you, i will be shortly.

Comment

I was going to just keep my mouth shut on this one !

I'm glad you only paid $200.00 for it !

Keep it very , very clean . If you don't and you pull it out of your night stand and need it , you might as well just throw it at the burglar .

Comment

I keep all my guns " very clean "

It's a semi so yea you have to keep them clean and ajusted well or they can jam. I have talked to a few people that have had them and they liked them alot. It's really just a Home Defence gun and will only get a few rounds though it a year just to keep it in good working order. Theres no way I could aford a .45 as a full time target gun.

Comment

Originally posted by maddhatter View Post
              I keep all my guns " very clean "

It's a semi so yea you have to keep them clean and ajusted well or they can jam. I have talked to a few people that have had them and they liked them alot. It's really just a Home Defence gun and will only get a few rounds though it a year just to keep it in good working order. Theres no way I could aford a .45 as a full time target gun.
              I bought 2 HPs. And I thought I got a deal on them.
              I payed 129.95 for a 9. and 149.95 for the acp.and they both was garbage.
              But I did manage to get my money back.

Comment

What would you guys recommend for a home defense/recreational shooting/possible concealed carry gun? Concealed carry isnt a huge issue, just something that I might consider in the future. (Dont know Ohio Laws)

The response to the Hi Point didnt seem so well. :(

I grew up shooting here and there for recreation with my dad but never got really involved myself b/c of school and guns and schools dont go well together. Getting one for myself has always been on the list of things to do, and well the time to get one seems to be coming sooner than expected...

Thanks,
                AARON
                91 MJ Under construction

Comment

For home defense, I don't think you can beat a 12 guage manual pump cut down. 18". Better go with 18.5". Take a look at the Mossberg Model 500SP Tactical Pump Shotgun. That will slow the home invasion types down.

For concealed carry, keep it simple. A double action revolver with enough power to actually end the attack and short enough to get it in your coat pocket. Chrome or matt. No oiled finish.

For recreation, the sky's the limit. Some guys need to hear the roar of a big cal cannon, others want to put the little tiny bullet in the little tiny circle from far, far away.
                  Unimog 406
                  XJ with a bunch of stuff put on by somebody else

Comment

Originally posted by wilson1010 View Post
                    For home defense, I don't think you can beat a 12 guage manual pump cut down. 18". Better go with 18.5". Take a look at the Mossberg Model 500SP Tactical Pump Shotgun. That will slow the home invasion types down.

For concealed carry, keep it simple. A double action revolver with enough power to actually end the attack and short enough to get it in your coat pocket. Chrome or matt. No oiled finish.

For recreation, the sky's the limit. Some guys need to hear the roar of a big cal cannon, others want to put the little tiny bullet in the little tiny circle from far, far away.
                    Yea, I like a Rem 870 18" pump myself for home.
                    The 45acp is a good mix of size to power. It is big but not 44mag big.
                    It would really suck to have to shot some one. It would suck even more to have to shoot them more then once. It was this or a snub nose 357mag and she likes a 45acp better. She likes the Rugger 45 the best but I don't have $900 just hanging around.

http://s159.photobucket.com/albums/t...t=Shells45.flv
                    Last edited by maddhatter; 11-23-2008, 09:12 PM.

Comment

I am a big fan of the Glock 22 for home protection. I carry a Kel-Tec 9mm for conceal carry. I used a Glock 36 at first but it has a lot of power in a small package, small enough my hand doesn't fit the best on it.

As far as recreational shooting, I'm not 100% sure. I use the Glock 22 at the range ... They are so reliable I let it rip through a lot of rounds.

Just a tidbit on High Points though. My Dad bought a 9mm HP recently, after 100 rounds it has been traded in. As many times as it jammed it may as well be a paper weight. It may have been just his, I don't know. We used Winchester Rounds and had no luck, seems like the slide does not get kicked back far enough to extract.

Comment

Working...
                      X