Parking Ticket?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Ticket?

Any chance on fighting one of these? Its for $250 and parking with in 10 Ft of a fire hydrant. I have been parking on my street next to this thing for over a year now and never got hassled about it before. I was right at the 10 ft mark but still WTF? I watched several squad cars drive past and never blink an eye at it before until today at lunch I found a ticket on my window.

On an amusing side note... Where it says Make and Model the officer put "Jeep" and "4x4" cause he didnt know what to call it.

AARON
    91 MJ Under construction

You go to UC right? I got tons of parking tickets down there. Go to the university building where you buy parking permits and they'll throw it away for you. Each student is allowed one parking ticket per school year to be forgiven.

Another good point about this is that if you ever get a parking ticket for parking somewhere on campus, don't bother paying it or going in about it. I received 23 parking tickets on UC's campus from the UC "cops". I threw each and every one in the glove box. I gaduated 2 years ago and have yet to be contacted about paying them. And, yes, I received my degree and have an unmarked record.

Comment

A parking ticket can not go on your driving record . it is a civil matter not a criminal one. If it was the Campus cops I would do as above. if it was Cincy police then I would see about contesting it. I know that the red light camera tickets are thrown out if contested in Middletown.
      If you park in the same spot all the time I would go out and measure 10 feet from both sides of the hydrant and spray paint, in some high vis paint , lines on the road.
      Last edited by sarge; 12-04-2008, 08:31 PM.

Comment

So lemme get this straight...

YOU are recommending vandalizing the street/curb with paint?

Just getting you back for the Before/After thread...
        brad

5.0L | 435 | 203 | 300 | 4.10 | 39.5
        Buildup BACK underway...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KargoMaster View Post
          So lemme get this straight...

YOU are recommending vandalizing the street/curb with paint?

Just getting you back for the Before/After thread...

It ok as long as you do not do it in Trenton!

if i am not currently offending you, i will be shortly.

Comment

Originally posted by sarge View Post
            A parking ticket can not go on your driving record . it is a civil matter not a criminal one. If it was the Campus cops I would do as above. if it was Cincy police then I would see about contesting it. I know that the red light camera tickets are thrown out if contested in Middletown.
            If you park in the same spot all the time I would go out and measure 10 feet from both sides of the hydrant and spray paint, in some high vis paint , lines on the road.
            It was off campus. I already know about the campus "cops" and dont bother parking on campus and if I do, I park inside the shop so they cant get me

So if I show up to contest it, what happens? Do I end up paying more than the $250 or am I just repsonsible for the ticket fine?

Thanks,

AARON
            91 MJ Under construction

Comment

could go either way... show up be respectful, prove your point directly.

see what happens.
              brad

Buildup BACK underway...

sigpic

Comment

They just said on the news they bumped up the $ for parking tickets to make up for the economy. Thats most likely why they got you now. Trust me, don't block a hydrant in cincinnati. Just give us a little room to work with.

Comment

Comment

I know if you want to contest a speeding ticket you have to show up in court, the first time is just the plea, and if you say not guilty you have to schedule to come in again.

Interesting note about the UC campus cops and tickets. I graduated from UD and they would hold your degree until any unpaid tickets were taken care of.

x2 on not blocking a fire hydrant (not saying you were in this case, just as a note in general) as I have two brother-in-laws that are firefighters and it is their dream to find a car blocking a hydrant at a fire so they can bust the windows out and run the hose through it just like the picture above.

Comment

keep in mind... this is a parking ticket... difference noted by Sarge...

Welcome to the Board CFD5...
                      brad

Buildup BACK underway...

sigpic

Comment

My opinion:

I think you know if you were within 10ft... if you were, then suck it up and get out your wallet (no matter how often you parked in the same spot previously), if you weren't (and want to prove it) then contest it.

Don't just contest it to reduce/eliminate your fine... that's stupid.

Again, opinions are like elbows, everyone has a few.
                        brad

Buildup BACK underway...

sigpic

Comment

You keep calling them "cops" , do you think they're not ?

Pay the ticket if you broke the law.. buy one inch or ten feet.

Good luck , Jeff

Comment

Yeah, I can't figure out why you got a ticket...

J-U-S-T

K-I-D-D-I-N-G!!!

...this is a PHOTOCHOP by me... as a joke...
                            See original in Before/After thread.

I hope those bits (driveshaft/Hi-Lift) on the back have locks, or that there's a small pit bull in the bed hiding behind that gas tank...

What size tank is that?

Last edited by KargoMaster; 12-05-2008, 02:29 PM.
                            brad

Buildup BACK underway...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KargoMaster View Post
                              Yeah, I can't figure out why you got a ticket...

J-U-S-T

K-I-D-D-I-N-G!!!

I was checking the shadowing before I knew that it was doctored with questioning the authenticity. Damn that was good Kargomaster!!! I need some pics. altered. How much do ya charge?
                              Last edited by KargoMaster; 12-05-2008, 05:09 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X