Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTP-HTTP sync

Here's my problem:

I teather my cell phone to my laptop at home for internet service. It's only 155K baud. I use a jump drive at work to download files from an ftp server. Then use the jump drive at home to work with. I'm looking for a good FREE sync program so it's just updating the files that changed and not the entire directory. I found a nice friendly program called Goodsyn but it's shareware and now I'll have to edit the registry to completely get rid of it and reinstall. (I'm not the system admin so they hate it when I do this.)

Does anyone know of a good program FREE program to sync FTP and HTTP file servers to a local directory XP compatible? If they wold just let me build a linux work station this would be easy.

Paul

I have no idea what the hell you are talking about! :confused: Kinda like when a salesman at a dealership is asked if the truck is 4 wheel drive and has a locking differential and does all 4 tires spin if stuck and they have no clue kinda thing!
    sigpic

Comment

That's quite ok we all have our talents, when I have a question about machining, welding or the dangers of wearing flip flops while putting up a basketball hoop, I'm sure you'll be right there for me.

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Bear Chow View Post
        That's quite ok we all have our talents, when I have a question about machining, welding or the dangers of wearing flip flops while putting up a basketball hoop, I'm sure you'll be right there for me.

Paul
        Sounds good!
        sigpic

Comment

I'll see if anyone I know has one. I'll let you know....
          I want to be the reason you look down at your phone and smile........then walk into a pole.

Comment

Hrmmm, I've used Beyond Compare for folder to folder sync, but I got nothin' for ftp/http sync...

Sorry Paul, wish I could be more help.

:o
            brad

5.0L | 435 | 203 | 300 | 4.10 | 39.5
            Buildup BACK underway...

sigpic

Comment

I got this back as a response.

"My first thought is Windows offline folders. Simple and easy to use.
              http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307853

Of course he will not be syncing over the Internet, but it will satisfy the requirement of only updating the files that have been changed. I'd guess the Sys-Admins will have less of an issue with this than using an rough application."
              I want to be the reason you look down at your phone and smile........then walk into a pole.

Comment

Is this an offroad forum? Kim Camando where are you?:confused:
                Romans 7-8

Comment

This is a community forum with an offroading underline. Perhaps I'm trying to sync my collection of offroad online videos to share.

Comment

Originally posted by Bear Chow View Post
                    This is a community forum with an offroading underline. Perhaps I'm trying to sync my collection of offroad online videos to share.
                    Can I help!
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X