Logo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logo?

Looking for ideas, thoughts, feedback, whatever....

We are looking to find a logo that we can use on everything from website (if I can figure out how to do that), T shirts (same design every year, only change color), letterheads, biz cards, signs, whatever. So people get used to seeing it, and tie it to us. Ideally something that while new, is a twist on a familar thing (since CORE has been around for a while). Somehow include CORE, what it stands for, and the web site. (I'm asking for the moon, maybe I can get a crater. ;) )

Looking at a few options: We have the one on the website header. Another is the CORE logo (it's attached below for visual) that I think has been around long enough that was in the 2002/2003 CORE Year End Vid, plus last year it was made into smaller ones and are on numerous vehicles now.

So post up some ideas, if you can't draw it ... just type it, someone can turn it into a pic that we can work with. Bring it on..
    Attached Files
    I want to be the reason you look down at your phone and smile........then walk into a pole.

I like the logo from the very first tshirt I got, it is a the stuck sticker with some sort of swamper tracks. Just thought of something else.
    78 CJ-7, 350 V8, T-18a Tranny, Twin Stick Dana 300, Scout 44's, 4.27 Gears, 36" TSL's, Welded rear and Full Spool Front, Hi-Steer with GM Knuckles

Comment

Of course, Lisa, the problem is in the methodology. What works best is to figure out what you stand for and then pick a name that fits that concept and then the logo is easy. If you start with the name, you have to try to find a good connection to what you stand for and then try to fit a logo to that connection.

I tried to explore that concept with our founder, Ed, who didn't see the irony in the name "Terrain Stompers" for a club that was embracing responsible wheeling as its mission. He had picked the name first, concept second. Oh well, it stimulates lively discussion with the green weenies who would like us not to wheel at all.

I like the connection to welding since welding rods often have a core and there is core welding and core wire and the like. And, best of all, a welding arc or a torch flame makes for a great image. And, of course, most of your rigs have extensive fabrication. So, I'd go with the welding angle.
      Unimog 406
      XJ with a bunch of stuff put on by somebody else

Comment

I thought we already had one , the round multi-colored one :confused: I have the image but not on this computer .

here I found it :

Comment

Sarge -- True on that one, but I'm gonna say it's not 'widely known' and the website shown on it is out of date (for a couple years I believe). Ok and truth be known, I'm not really fond of it.
          I want to be the reason you look down at your phone and smile........then walk into a pole.

Comment

I've always liked the "Bogger trax" like at the top of this page myself.

Comment

Originally posted by maddhatter View Post
              I've always liked the "Bogger trax" like at the top of this page myself.
              yeh I like the bogger trax too
              86 Ford Bronco

Comment

Here's a quickie from me. I'm not a member but I enjoyed making it :)

06 TJ, 8.8 Aussied, 4.88's and 35" KM2's

Comment

Nice work!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 94Dodge Truggy View Post
                    Nice work!

Thanks......I had fun making it
                    06 TJ, 8.8 Aussied, 4.88's and 35" KM2's

Comment

Originally posted by 94Dodge Truggy View Post
                      Nice work!

X2!

Comment

what if you put the tred behind C.O.R.E. like on the page ?
                        86 Ford Bronco

Comment

im going to be bringing a couple ideas to the meeting monday for the people who show to check out and see if anything catches anybodys attention as to something that is here to stay
                          One of these days Zuk 2.0

Comment

Working...
                          X