attica 2-13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• attica 2-13

went to attica on friday the thirteenth with butch and nick. just took a day trip with the kids, so didn't try much of anything hard. had it wedged in the quarry a few times, had to get winched out once. most of the pics i got are of nick playing on some climbs in the dunes and quarry, not many of me, and none of butch except the rti ramp (we were ramp champs for a day). was probaly one of the funnest days i've had wheeling in a long time. we ran green, played it the dunes, ran the crick from one end ot hte other, did the big rock climb out of the crick, lost a vent from my dash in the water when i bounced off the tree and it got knocked loose, played in the quarry, then ran orange trail, then played in the dunes behind the entrance some more (i love those climbs, me and nick found a few we couldn't do, need deeper gears to keep our wheelspeed up). we got ALOT of wheeling in, only stopped for lunch, and to replace a ujoint in nicks jeep in the rock garden on the orange trail. great day with some great people as always, we were the only ones there in trucks, saw about 10 other people on quads adn that was it!

here are some pics.

zuk buggy.....it'll be a jeep eventually.

and here i am as ramp champ for the day (first time ever on a ramp)

and one of my only pics of butch

rest of the pics are here
    http://s170.photobucket.com/albums/u...attica%202-13/

greg

Comment

Nice to see the pics... thanks for rubbing it in... hahaha.

Looks like Butch is enjoying himself... are those still the 5-tons on Nick's rig? They don't look as big as I remember them in person...

Also... stop letting that gold painted area get bigger, it's starting to look like it belongs in "Gold-Member." Just kidding.
      brad

5.0L | 435 | 203 | 300 | 4.10 | 39.5
      Buildup BACK underway...

sigpic

Comment

Great pics! Wonder why the park only had a few rigs there? Hours still 9am till 5pm?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KargoMaster View Post
          Nice to see the pics... thanks for rubbing it in... hahaha.

Looks like Butch is enjoying himself... are those still the 5-tons on Nick's rig? They don't look as big as I remember them in person...

Also... stop letting that gold painted area get bigger, it's starting to look like it belongs in "Gold-Member." Just kidding.
          butch is loving the rig, you actually came up while we were out, butch said he needs you to keep being his passenger so you'll get motivated to finish yours quicker. he was all excited to hear yours had tires under it, kinda...

that's nick's dads jeep he was driving, i think the 5 ton is getting retired, too big of a hassle, and doesn't climb as good (shockingly 103'' on 52's doesn't climb as good as 103'' on 36's). that jeep is a 4 cyl yj with 3/4 ton fords under it w chromos up front, soa front and 4 link rear. his dad bought it over a year ago, but has never driven it.

he is currently building another 5 ton rig, this one with a cat diesel, allison transmission and 5 ton axles with a crewcab chevy cab and a flat bed all on 52's. he plans on puting teh jeep on the flatbed. i think you might beat him getting it done though, he is also redoing a dodge diesel (swapping drivetrain from his wrecked dodge) and redoing an XJ for his wife to DD.

as for the gold, it just kinda happens, it's easier to match than the stock black paint, amazing how easy hammered spray paint is to match. i don't htink it's going to spread any further, i think it may have too much already.

greg

Comment

Originally posted by 94Dodge Truggy View Post
            Great pics! Wonder why the park only had a few rigs there? Hours still 9am till 5pm?
            yep. don't know why no one was there, figured it was b/c it was a weekday? but you can't beat mid 50's, and sunshine all day out on the trail. the orange trail was HORRIBLE down in the bottom of the woods though, water coming in through the floor boards! they definitely got hammered with the rain last week. i've never seen it that muddy. rest of the park was dry though. it was perfect wheeling weather for sure.

Comment

Working...
            X