No announcement yet.

Not made in China website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wow not sure how to chime in here i work for a German company thats got plants all over the world 109 for a fact but the one i give a
    sh^t about is right here in ohio the one that hands me my check every week, as for the big 3 well wow how do i put this softly i think they brought alot of this on themself while honda and yota where building long running and great gas mileage cars and offering them for 15k and under new. while the big 3 where going big and adding a blue tooth hook up a tv in the head sets gps that can tell me the temp of some place ill never go. yet wanting me to shell out 25-30 k for a car that is not so good on gas and alot of junk i dont need. all i ask in a car is get me from home to work and back EVERYDAY and dont cost me half a days pay to fill it up 2 times a week to go work 3 days a week to just make the car payment.........

sorry rant over
    94 yj 4.0 HO
    header
    cold air
    stock drive line (for now )

Comment

Originally posted by maddhatter View Post
      F*CK Honda and Toyota. They don't do sh*t for us and if they were gone Ford or Cheby would have a plant in the same spot. That is just what I was talking about in my first post double talk BS. We all know good and well none of this will change so it's all BS anyway. I don't HATE Japan I just LOVE the USA.

Well ok, I do HATE Toyota. There EVIL!! I also LOVE Fords but this new line of Ford / Toyota coming out right now makes me sick! It's like sleeping with the enemy but I also understand Ford needs to do what it has to to stay on top.
      I'll take a Mexican built Ford over any Jap junk built here just to have the Blue Oval on my truck.

And yes I do own 2 Zuks right now! LOL

I very much agree. That why I drive a Chevy Tracker to work at a Dodge dealer.

Comment

Originally posted by her94yj View Post
        wow not sure how to chime in here i work for a German company thats got plants all over the world 109 for a fact but the one i give a
        sh^t about is right here in ohio the one that hands me my check every week, as for the big 3 well wow how do i put this softly i think they brought alot of this on themself while honda and yota where building long running and great gas mileage cars and offering them for 15k and under new. while the big 3 where going big and adding a blue tooth hook up a tv in the head sets gps that can tell me the temp of some place ill never go. yet wanting me to shell out 25-30 k for a car that is not so good on gas and alot of junk i dont need. all i ask in a car is get me from home to work and back EVERYDAY and dont cost me half a days pay to fill it up 2 times a week to go work 3 days a week to just make the car payment.........

sorry rant over
        Last I looked honda and toyota were priced comparably. U.S. unions and labor are main causes of american auto industry crisis. Good American machinery is still out there for the consumer. You just have to have some knowledge of the product before you buy it to make a good purchase. All of the machines in my shop are U.S. made. Planning on purchasing another soon to do my part in helping the economy.
        sigpic

Comment

It's not the big things, it's the little things... I don't think it's the cars, etc, it's EVERYTHING else...

Let me take a walk around my house here... see what i come up with. Let's start with what i'm wearing...

New Balance shoes - Europe
          Tshirt from Steve & Berrys - Mexico
          Henley shirt from Target - Guatamala
          Lee Jeans from Sears - Bangladesh
          Hanes underwear from Walmart - India
          Hanes socks from - India
          Samsung TV - Japan
          JVC dvd player - Japan (victor co. of japan - jvc)
          Sony surround sound system - Japan
          Motorola cable box - America (WOW)
          Kitchen Towels - Pakistan
          Panasonic camera - Japan
          Area rug from Target - Mexico
          Dishes from Bed Bath Beyond - China
          Silverware from same - China
          Baby Blanket - China

And that's just the stuff within eyeshot of me here sitting in the living room...

That's where we are failing, not the car industry... it's EVERYTHING else... everything i have sitting here is imported. It sucks.

Comment

That was interesting list so I compiled my own sitting at my desk. I must have really hit a bunch of nerves here. The big three is a completely different problem. My issues are all the disposable items and wears that we consume and have to replace on a regular basis.

Pilot Stapler(from the 1950's) - USA
            Samsung Monitor - China
            Kenwood two-way radio - Singapore
            Charging base for radio - Taiwan
            Toshiba Phone - Indonesia
            Nokia Cell phone - Mexico
            Cell phone battery - Japan
            Dell mouse - China
            Dell Keyboard - China
            no-name brand Speakers - China
            Staple remover - China
            Razor Knife - China
            HP Sci Calculator ( from the 1980's) - USA
            Copy of the federal code CFR - 49 printed in china
            Toothbrush - USA - yes it sits at my desk in my pen cup it use to stop people from stealing my pens. I guess they ether don't care or don't realize I use my toothbrush.

I am pleased to announce the company I work for sells more than 50% of our total goods to China, Taiwan, Korea and Brazil.

Comment

Originally posted by carwash View Post
              It's not the big things, it's the little things... I don't think it's the cars, etc, it's EVERYTHING else...

Let me take a walk around my house here... see what i come up with. Let's start with what i'm wearing...

New Balance shoes - Europe
              Tshirt from Steve & Berrys - Mexico
              Henley shirt from Target - Guatamala
              Lee Jeans from Sears - Bangladesh
              Hanes underwear from Walmart - India
              Hanes socks from - India
              Samsung TV - Japan
              JVC dvd player - Japan (victor co. of japan - jvc)
              Sony surround sound system - Japan
              Motorola cable box - America (WOW)
              Kitchen Towels - Pakistan
              Panasonic camera - Japan
              Area rug from Target - Mexico
              Dishes from Bed Bath Beyond - China
              Silverware from same - China
              Baby Blanket - China

And that's just the stuff within eyeshot of me here sitting in the living room...

That's where we are failing, not the car industry... it's EVERYTHING else... everything i have sitting here is imported. It sucks.

Yep, Your right. Cars and trucks are just something that the big 3 do so well they were able to keep up even with the Japs using slave labor. It was just a matter of time before things got bad for them. I am still shocked at how well Ford is still doing but it is in no small part do to how many cars and trucks they sell over seas. Most that other stuff you listed we could NEVER make as cheap as there made now by others.

GM is building a huge plant in China right now and by 2011 there will be "made in china" GM's all over the USA.

Comment

My company as I looked around I saw cnc mills and lathes all made in the USA, forklift 1/2 USA, 99% of machinable materials-USA, endmills and taps- USA, work tables-USA, pencils-USA, phone-USA, cheez-its- USA, my boots (Rockies) not USA. I am having a hard time reading the tag in my underwear but would guess not USA?
                sigpic

Comment

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/0..._n_126732.html

Comment

This is a good short read on just what is really going on.

Your request is being processed...
                    GM Says It Doesn't Need $2B Government Loan It Requested
                    RSS Huffpost - GM Says It Doesn't Need $2B Government Loan It Requested Share this on Facebook stumble digg reddit del.ico.us ShareThis

TOM KRISHER | March 12, 2009 01:49 PM EST | AP
                    Compare other versions »

Compare and versions
                    I Like ItI Don’t Like It
                    Read More: Auto Bailout, General Motors, Gm, GM Loan, Business News
                    Show your support.
                    Buzz this article up.Buzz up!
                    Get Breaking News Alerts
                    never spam

Print
                    Comments

DETROIT — General Motors Corp. says its restructuring plan is starting to take hold, improving the automaker's fortunes at least to the point that it won't need a $2 billion government loan installment that it had requested for March.

Chief Financial Officer Ray Young said Thursday that GM formally told the Obama administration's autos task force on Wednesday that it wouldn't need the money this month. But in an interview with The Associated Press, Young would not say when the struggling automaker would need more government money or whether it will reduce the size of its loan request.

"It seems like our companywide cost reduction efforts are moving well, as well as we've been able to defer spending that we previously anticipated in January and February," Young said. "I think that's a positive development."

GM, which is living on $13.4 billion in government loans, has requested another $16.6 billion as it tries to weather the worst auto sales slump in 27 years.

Young said GM is continuing to calculate its cash balances and plans to update the task force when it may need more money.

"We're working through the forecast right now," he said. "We're not going to slow down in terms of our companywide cost reduction initiatives. We continue to look toward deferring expenditures as much as we can in order to avoid having to draw more liquidity."

Young's statements appeared to help GM's shares. They rose 24 cents, or 12.9 percent, to $2.10 in afternoon trading.

Young said GM's cash burn rate, the amount of spending above revenue, has slowed since the company submitted a viability plan to the government on Feb. 17.
                    Story continues below

"The cash burn that we thought we were going to have in January and February is not as high. Clearly we still have a cash burn," he said, attributing the burn rate to a lack of revenue from the company shutting down many of its factories for the month of January.

GM burned through $19.2 billion in cash last year on its way to a $30.9 billion loss.

Young would not say if GM will need another government loan draw in April. In its viability plan filed Feb. 17, GM asked for $2 billion in March and another $2.6 billion in April. It would not need any more money until 2011 when a $4.5 billion revolving line of credit comes due. The company also says it could need up to $7.5 billion more if the economy doesn't improve, for a total of $30 billion by 2011. It plans to start repaying the loans with $2 billion in September.

GM is coming close to spending the $13.4 billion in government loans it received through February. The money, Young said, was used largely to pay parts suppliers, employees and dealers when GM had little revenue coming in due to January production slowdowns across the globe.

"We had very little receipts, but we still had a lot of payments related to prior production and prior sales," he said. "We used that liquidity in order to address basically a lot of expenses that we had."

Young also said in the interview that GM's new contract with the Canadian Auto Workers union, ratified Wednesday by the membership, comes very close to closing the cost gap that GM has with foreign automakers that have U.S. factories.

He conceded it doesn't close the entire gap, and would not say how much GM will save from the concessions or what its hourly labor costs would be. Young also said GM is in talks with the CAW and the Canadian government about forming a trust fund that would pay retiree health care costs inn Canada.

Young wouldn't comment on Chrysler LLC Vice Chairman Tom LaSorda's threat to close Canadian plants if Chrysler doesn't get cost-competitive contracts and government aid, saying Chrysler's costs could be different from GM's.

GM, under the CAW contract, agreed to keep 20 percent of its North American manufacturing volume in Canada. The agreement includes a wage freeze to September 2012, the elimination of an annual bonus and a reduction in paid time off, among other concessions.

Young also said negotiations are progressing in the U.S. with the United Auto Workers over swapping stock for part of the cash payments that the company is required to make to a union-run trust that will take over retiree health care costs next year. GM already has a deal on other labor cost concessions, but details have not been released.

Both the trust concessions and labor cost cuts are required under term sheets that came with government loans granted to GM and Chrysler. The term sheets say both companies must do their best to reduce labor costs so they are equal to Japanese automakers with U.S. factories by the end of this year.

Ford Motor Co.'s U.S. hourly workers earlier this week approved cost cuts and funding half the trust with stock, and the UAW has said the GM deal would be patterned after Ford's.

Ford officials said Wednesday that the concessions would reduce its total hourly labor cost to $55, still at least $6 higher than Japanese automakers with U.S. factories.

But Young said GM can still comply with the terms of its loans using the Ford deal as a framework.

"We're working through that," he said. "There are other things that we can work on with the UAW in terms of further closing the gap, and a lot of that's related to improving productivity further."

Young said Ford also indicated it would need productivity gains to close the cost gap.

"I think the term sheet says that we're going to be competitive with the transplants. It doesn't say identical."

Ultimately, Young said GM still has to demonstrate to the autos task force that it can become viable.

Comment

Originally posted by 94Dodge Truggy View Post
                      I am having a hard time reading the tag in my underwear but would guess not USA?

Is that because of the brown racing stripes?
                      91 fj 80 on 37 Nitto Muds with a 10k winch. Cage and sliders coming soon.

Comment

Who do you think builds the buildings that the japanese use to build their cars and/or parts?! We do. As a construction manager, we chased and worked on many buildings for japanese, not a single asian guy was working for any subcontractors, yup, all red-blooded, honest americans.

I love all cars and trucks, Mercedes, Toyota, Honda, don't care, if its cool and or interesting, I like it. If I don't like it, I at least can apprecate it.

I worked on a GM dealership recently and the people there were fantastic, all the way up the food chain to the owner of the place, nicest people in the world.

On the other hand, my brother bought a new suburban or tahoe, can't remember which and he has had it in the shop no less than 16 times in less than a year. When I asked why he says when he takes it to the dealer, they always tell him that he has to come back after the part comes in. Including such routine things like belts! So for every problem, he has to go twice, once to ask for help and the second time to get help. And why should he have to go back within a year for a new serpentine belt?

Another buddy of mine has a friend who delivers parts to auto manufactures. When he goes to detroit, its always a hassle to get his rig unloaded. When he goes down south to an asian manufacturer, everyone pitches in and helps out.

I hate the fact that every dang thing is made in china by 10 year old slave laborers and I want to see the return of American manufacturing. But we as a nation have become too soft and too used to buying crap from China that only a war with China will cause us to figure out how to make things again.

Comment

Working...
                        X