clutch question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clutch question

ok have a friend with the willy's tj he called advanced to get the sye kit and drive shaft and figured he might as well replace the clutch and plate since he is on 33's and pulls a trailer with it. anyhow the guy at advanced advised him not to run the centerforce clutch discs has anyone heard this before? i have ran centerforce in everything from my mustangs to big trucks and love them and had no let downs at all.. the guy advised if he wanted to run that center force on the 33's and 30 rear that he should run the pressure plate but a stock disc i have never heard of doing that before has anyone eles???????
    94 yj 4.0 HO
    header
    cold air
    stock drive line (for now )

I would bet Centerforce knows more about clutches then the dude at the auto store. Sounds like BS to me.

Comment

I'd say by "advanced" he means advanced adapters, not the auto parts store.

They are saying not to use the centerforce because some centerforce models are damn near an on/off clutch. Not much slip to them at all. What this means is that it makes a lot of instant strong force to those weak ass stock axles. Know what i mean?

Now, i have known many people to run the centerforce stuff on stock jeep axles with no issues. Keep in mind that centerforce also makes several different grades of clutches, one is supposedly very close to a factory slip application, etc...

I would call centerforce themselves and get their opinion.

Comment

thanx carwash thats what i told him is to call center force and see what they say. he was not looking at the DF he just wanted the CF2 or the one right below it that like you said is very close to stock. and yes you were right i meant AA i should have stated that so there was no one thought you could run dont to the advanced auto and pick up a tom woods and sye kit of the shelf. but does it make sence to run a stock disc with a good pressure plate what not just replace the whole stock assmy
        94 yj 4.0 HO
        header
        cold air
        stock drive line (for now )

Comment

replace with stock or replace with full centerforce.

Comment

Working...
          X