did a little work to my F250

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• did a little work to my F250

Earlier this year I got a steal of a truck.......1979 F250 4X4!

Well I did a little to it and here are a few before and after shots the front was on the air hoist and under construction but is all done now!!

I swapped out the 79 front for a 77 front grille and lifted it I have a 1971 Linclon 460 for it at the machine shop getting rebuilt thats the next project installing that!!!
    Tires are am M88 humvee tire 36X12.50X16.5 on white wagon wheels

BEFORE!!!!!!!

By twisted84toyota at 2008-12-02

By twisted84toyota at 2008-11-29

AFTER>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

By twisted84toyota at 2009-03-22

By twisted84toyota at 2009-03-22

the camper shell is kinda growing on me,not sure if its gonna stay tho

This thing looks beastly!!

Trucks sure did look their prime back in the late '70's!

Comment

What engine is in there now? Let me know how easily that 460 goes in. I have one in a 73 Lincoln that might need to go in my truck
      91 fj 80 on 37 Nitto Muds with a 10k winch. Cage and sliders coming soon.

Comment

Looking sweet!

Comment

NICE! definitely like the new (err, old) grille.... I'm glad that you pulled the letters off the hood... but needs paint or something, too distracting...

Sweet ride.

I was gonna ask if HMMWV tires until I re-read... nice.

Unless you plan on sleeping in it... I say it goes...
          just my $.02
          brad

5.0L | 435 | 203 | 300 | 4.10 | 39.5
          Buildup BACK underway...

sigpic

Comment

great tow rig for weekend wheeling.
            Man i need this rig.
            '91 XJ LAREDO
            4.0 L
            AUTO TRANS.
            GETTING READY TO LIFT

COMING SOON

4.5 LIFT
            285/75/16 BFG
            16X8 WHEELS WITH BEADLOCKS

Comment

the 460 is going to be an easy deal I have a set of L&L motor mounts the spendy part is going to be the fenderwell exit headers....................it has a 351M now with only 82K on it!!!

Yeah it needs paint but not sure if I want to do a good job and stay with the orange or a FLAT BLACK or an O.D. GREEN

JUGBUTT I had this thing in the for sale section for a while ALL STOCK tho but with a 460.....................but she's not going ANYWHERE now!!!!

Comment

That's cool man nice ride.
                '91 XJ LAREDO
                4.0 L
                AUTO TRANS.
                GETTING READY TO LIFT

COMING SOON

4.5 LIFT
                285/75/16 BFG
                16X8 WHEELS WITH BEADLOCKS

Comment

Mine has a 351M And I think it has about 10000 on a rebuild. It runs great but a 460 would be a lot of fun. I have a 150 though.

Comment

i told ya bring it over, can have it sanded down in a night with the 3 of us and some beer. ill fire up the flow thru and we can spray away. i have a line on a new ppg paint that is from what i hear REALLLY easy to spray and its alot harder then the S%^T i put on lisa's jeep.. she is looking at a burnt orange, maybe just get enuff to spray both,,,,,oh and hey give me a call i wanna know your plans on the your wj.

brokeitagain did you get my pm about the motor and lima??????
                    94 yj 4.0 HO
                    header
                    cold air
                    stock drive line (for now )

Comment

Originally posted by her94yj View Post
                      i told ya bring it over, can have it sanded down in a night with the 3 of us and some beer. ill fire up the flow thru and we can spray away. i have a line on a new ppg paint that is from what i hear REALLLY easy to spray and its alot harder then the S%^T i put on lisa's jeep.. she is looking at a burnt orange, maybe just get enuff to spray both,,,,,oh and hey give me a call i wanna know your plans on the your wj.

brokeitagain did you get my pm about the motor and lima??????

not sure what I'm gonna do as far as paint goes.............I do know I'm gonna wait untill I get the 460 in BEFORE I paint ANYTHING

well IF I had a WJ I'd call you about it but the ZJ................I think is on its way to the crusher...............not sure yet still on the fence about it!!!!!!!!

Comment

78Buford has the shorty headers (believe from L&L) to avoid the fenderwell exit stuff, but before those just ran the stock manifolds. In fact, I think the only reason he put headers on it at all if because he found them on ebay pretty cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by blazerbrad View Post
                          78Buford has the shorty headers (believe from L&L) to avoid the fenderwell exit stuff, but before those just ran the stock manifolds. In fact, I think the only reason he put headers on it at all if because he found them on ebay pretty cheap.
                          looked at them but the shorties look like they almost hit the oil pan.........http://www.landlproducts.com/images/thumbs/1087-57.jpg

cost wise they are only about $30 or so differance

looking ar a set of mad dog headers.......$425 but have a raw finish

F-150-250 4WD 1966-79

Part #9226 -429/460 cid. Fenderwell exit, 2" primarys, 3 ½" collectors.

425.00 to L&L's $580.00...........got a place lined up for the paint/coating of the headers and still gonna be cheaper than the L&L's

Comment

gonna bring this back from the dead............I have done a ton of stuff to the F250.........I ditched the goodyears for a set of SX's,yanked the 351 slid the 460 in,and found my 8' stepside.........its getting picked up today!!

Here are a few newer pics.................

By twisted84toyota, shot with E-500 at 2009-09-13

By twisted84toyota, shot with E-500 at 2009-09-13

By twisted84toyota, shot with E-500 at 2009-11-16

By twisted84toyota, shot with E-500 at 2009-11-16

Comment

Looks good. I am in need of a 351M. Still have your engine?

Comment

Working...
                              X