No announcement yet.

Black Mountain (aka Harlan) Permit Fee System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this has been gone over to many times and answered to many times ......

Comment

Just got back from Harlan today. After talking to the KYMC. group alot of good things will happen with the money from the permits.
      To anybody that wants to complain about the permit fee, why dont you go and buy a few thousand acres and let everyone ride for free and pay for the up keep and improvement out of your pocket.

Comment

blah, blah , damn all of you!!! someone can't even grumble alittle bit about having to pay with out getting monkey jumped.... this is another reason this club and this sport are in trouble.:p

Comment

Originally posted by sarge View Post
          blah, blah , damn all of you!!! someone can't even grumble alittle bit about having to pay with out getting monkey jumped.... this is another reason this club and this sport are in trouble.:p
          As far as the sport is concerned the atvs and riding lawn mowers and cars at the bottom of the bridge all seem to be locals around the property which still gives us (as wheelers) a bad rap. i would like to see some ideas about that so we can keep places open to ride wether its a gravel road or whatever terrain anyone chooses to ride. i just got back from the badlands and paid $20 to get in and ride which is alot cheaper than the 10 million they paid for 1200 acres and i will continue to go back as well as other places so lets just see what we can do to help our sport instead of saying i will do what i want untill someone tells me not to and screw everyone else if im the cause....

p.s. curious as to why the club is in trouble seems the last meeting was our best and we had 4 (well 3 paid) members that were not there?
          One of these days Zuk 2.0

Comment

Looked like they are doing very well where I was this weekend.

Comment

Sarge why is everyone always picking on you? Guess you may have to come to the meeting and straighten them up! Harlan really seems to be a town helped out by wheeling!
              sigpic

Comment

Sarge, I'm not saying your doing anything wrong or are having negative effects on our hobby... For all I know you have friends/family that own some of that property and can play anywhere you want down there.

I just think you got jumped because you suggested to people that there where alternatives to pay-to-play parks ... and the first area you brought up was a place most of us believe to be illegal.

I can, without a doubt say that I would have payed $20 a weekend to ride at S-Tree or Livingston.:)

Comment

The club is in trouble because the numbers are in the toilet ! I've been around for a long time and I don't know our current numbers , but I bet they are not even close to the 30-40 members that it once was...... why , your guess is as good as mine, maybe some of the whining that goes on .

Comment

Originally posted by tinbeater View Post
                    Looked like they are doing very well where I was this weekend.
                    i agree...we camped friday and wheeled saturday...have no problems payin the $35 fee...when u pay to ride attica u can only ride till like 6 in the evening or something like that correct?.... $35 to be able to ride 24 hours a day for a year is nothing and it majorly helps keep it open...i also talked to some of the kymc group...i have 2 give them a big thumbs up they are doin one hell of a job...they also added that some of the money from the fee system will go towards renting heavy equipment for making trails...i think its an awesome place to ride and will 4 sure go back...
                    S10 with a few air shocks..

Comment

hmmmm drive 6 hours , pay $20 or $35 to wheel :mad: .

I guess I'll just sell the rig and start drag racing again.
                      thats funny **** right there!!!! seems like last time i went to edgewater it cost something like $15 just for the test and tune night and then another $10 or $15 for my passenger to get in....u gonna start complaining to the drag strip owners to let you race for free cause it takes an hour and a half to get there and race fuel is expensive???

Comment

While i have no problem paying the money, I feel what sarge is saying. We used to have tons of places to wheel that didn't cost a dime, and there was never a threat of any of them being shut down. Now the places are closing up like strip clubs, and it seems our hobby gets more and more expensive every year, with fuel, entry fees, etc.

I enjoy Harlan thoroughly, and will gladly pay. Would it be better if i didn't have to, well of course. but the money will go to making the place better, keep it open etc, and that's what it's all about.

Sarge, i didn't mean my comments towards you in particular in my first reply or in any kind of attacking way, etc... They were in general, as i know at least 50% of people feel the same way, and miss the hay days of wheeling without fees, etc. I wonder if Tellico would still be open if they had instituted something like this a few years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by humpy View Post
                          thats funny **** right there!!!! seems like last time i went to edgewater it cost something like $15 just for the test and tune night and then another $10 or $15 for my passenger to get in....u gonna start complaining to the drag strip owners to let you race for free cause it takes an hour and a half to get there and race fuel is expensive???
                          I believe the 6 hour drive may also be a factor here.
                          sigpic

Comment

The club is in trouble because the numbers are in the toilet ! I've been around for a long time and I don't know our current numbers , but I bet they are not even close to the 30-40 members that it once was...... why , your guess is as good as mine, maybe some of the whining that goes on .
                            well ive been around for 5 years now and i dont remember ever seeing 30-40 members in that time but yes the numbers are better and most of the whining happens on here by people who arent members but thats there right and opinion. just to fill you in the club is rebounding nicely with a whole new attitude and what seems to be a nice batch of new members that are interested in the sport so thanks to them and the long term people who have been able to weather the economy and the whining. now that im done with my whining lets just try to stay focused on the goal at hand and do what we can to keep the sport alive and well.
                            One of these days Zuk 2.0

Comment

To post this or not to post this...and open this back up. That was my question. Let's hope I made the right choice.

boomhauer/tinbeater/humpy / anyone else? I'm seeing some threads on other boards about people being pulled over re:license / registration / insurance. Have you guys heard anything more specific or just the same stuff in these? Initially it was looking like focus more on ATVs, but the latest one on KYMC had me wondering what the word is.

http://harlancountytrails.com/forum/...num=1236563368

http://kymc.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4198
                              I want to be the reason you look down at your phone and smile........then walk into a pole.

Comment

Originally posted by tjjeepjeep View Post
                                To post this or not to post this...and open this back up. That was my question. Let's hope I made the right choice.

boomhauer/tinbeater/humpy / anyone else? I'm seeing some threads on other boards about people being pulled over re:license / registration / insurance. Have you guys heard anything more specific or just the same stuff in these? Initially it was looking like focus more on ATVs, but the latest one on KYMC had me wondering what the word is.

http://harlancountytrails.com/forum/...num=1236563368

http://kymc.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4198
                                me and dewey were at natural bridge in january and ran into a couple guys that said the week before we were there some of their rigs got ticketed for no insurance and that they were really crackin down on that...other than that its all i have heard...tinbeater may know more...

Comment

Working...
                                X