Black Mountain (aka Harlan) Permit Fee System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by humpy View Post
    thats funny **** right there!!!! seems like last time i went to edgewater it cost something like $15 just for the test and tune night and then another $10 or $15 for my passenger to get in....u gonna start complaining to the drag strip owners to let you race for free cause it takes an hour and a half to get there and race fuel is expensive???
    I just might complain alittle .... It's my Mother F'n right to complain ! I live 20 min's from a drag strip , that's why I brought it up. Thats means no fuel for the RV, no Trailer . CarWash got it right .
    Jesus Christ ... relax a little bit ! It's called an open forum to discuss topics and some of you take it personal , and want to attack people for there opinion .. what ever ! I'm done dealing with it ..

Sarge out !

Comment

30 years ago I wheel at Ceasars Creek, the they built a lake there. There was Poverty Knob and that was 5 bucks back then. 10 years ago we wheeled Livingston and had a great time there.

Places are getting farther away, but there have never been anything in this sport that didn't cost an arm and a leg. It is something I have done for many years. I will continue to drive my CJ to and from the wheeling spots.

The sport has changed and the places to wheel are even further. So you either change with it or you leave it. That is why I have the Polaris Ranger because I will not get out, I will find a better way. Don't worry the CJ stays.

Comment

Originally posted by tjjeepjeep View Post
        To post this or not to post this...and open this back up. That was my question. Let's hope I made the right choice.

boomhauer/tinbeater/humpy / anyone else? I'm seeing some threads on other boards about people being pulled over re:license / registration / insurance. Have you guys heard anything more specific or just the same stuff in these? Initially it was looking like focus more on ATVs, but the latest one on KYMC had me wondering what the word is.

http://harlancountytrails.com/forum/...num=1236563368

http://kymc.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4198
        I did see a few atvs pulled over in town but none or them had helments on.
        One thing that the KYMC. guys were telling us about was they want to take some of the money from the permit sells and open a welcome center and parting lot on the same side of the road as the park so you wouldnt have to access the road???
        I think the Purtney trailhead is the Ideal setup for this reason but it is private owned.

Comment

Having relatively close and free places to ride are great, but close and free also mean they are big targets to close down. We recently loss a large and long-time (going back into the '70's era) riding area that was really fun. It was 10 minutes from a nice state park for camping and stores, and 15 minutes from one other trail system, and 30 minutes from yet another.....basically you could go down there and set up camp, ride an area one day, then another completely different area the next day or two, take a dip in the lake in the evening, then sit around the campfire and drink your "pop".

Now with the one place closed it's not really worth it for do a multi-day trip.

The sad part about it is money is the key factor. Sure, the local stores, gas stations, and campgrounds (the ranger would always stop by and chat for awhile) love having wheeling groups there because we spend money. However riding was free (township roads through private property) but the property owners didn't like people getting off the township roads and all of the irresponsible riders tearing stuff up and throwing beer cans around.....all for free. I've talked to some of these land owners and if you could guarantee them they could make $1,000/week by charging people to ride they would likely change their tune, plus a lot of clubs would be willing to donate some time to clean up and do some maintenance.

Comment

Working...
          X