• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cage work done

My cage is closed in now.

Before:

After:

78 CJ-7, 350 V8, T-18a Tranny, Twin Stick Dana 300, Scout 44's, 4.27 Gears, 36" TSL's, Welded rear and Full Spool Front, Hi-Steer with GM Knuckles

Very nice Jason...
    brad

5.0L | 435 | 203 | 300 | 4.10 | 39.5
    Buildup BACK underway...

sigpic

Comment

Here it is after paint. The hood got touched up too!

78 CJ-7, 350 V8, T-18a Tranny, Twin Stick Dana 300, Scout 44's, 4.27 Gears, 36" TSL's, Welded rear and Full Spool Front, Hi-Steer with GM Knuckles

Comment

Looks ready for West Virginia!
        sigpic

Comment

Yes it is all we need to do is hook to a truck and we arer ready to roll.

Wonder if my nice paint is gonna last the weekend?!?

Comment

What's your windshield made of?

and nope, it probably won't...
            brad

5.0L | 435 | 203 | 300 | 4.10 | 39.5
            Buildup BACK underway...

sigpic

Comment

Windshield is Lexan

Comment

very nice cage!
                '91 XJ LAREDO
                4.0 L
                AUTO TRANS.
                GETTING READY TO LIFT

COMING SOON

4.5 LIFT
                285/75/16 BFG
                16X8 WHEELS WITH BEADLOCKS

Comment

Jason,

You reference having a lexan windshield in this jeep. Since this thread is about 2 years old, what is your experience with the lexan windshield and the use of wipers and such? Does the lexan scratch easily or is it pretty resistant to rocks, mud and tree limbs?

Thinking of mounting lexan direct to my cage and then install wiper motors onto the lexan.

Thanks in advance for any info you may have.

John
                  sigpic1950 CJ3A. Oddfire 225 V6, T-86 transmission, Dana 18 transfer case, 4 wheel disc brakes, locked front and rear. Manual saginaw steering. Warn winch, 9,000#.

Comment

I cut a piece of lexan to fit in the windshield frame of a fj40 i had a few years ago... It stood up to branches and stuff pretty good, but the first time i turned on the wipers with a dirty windshield the lexan scratched everywhere the wipers went... I'm sure all the mud and dirt on the windshield didn't help any...

sigpic
                    chris hodges
                    96 fzj80 3x locked, 4"lift, 37s, homebrew sliders and bumpers,a work in progress
                    71 fj55, SOA, locked...The jungle bus... retired

Comment

Thank you. That is the feedback I need.

John
                      sigpic1950 CJ3A. Oddfire 225 V6, T-86 transmission, Dana 18 transfer case, 4 wheel disc brakes, locked front and rear. Manual saginaw steering. Warn winch, 9,000#.

Comment

Working...
                      X