X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 14 Bolt...

Do they really sell for this much?

http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/pts/1179453867.html

I thought a couple/few hundred was a good price for one.

14 bolts go for 100-300 in my area open, posi, locked etc... May have special gear oil in it.
    sigpic

Comment

dream on nucca !!!! like Truggy said $100-$300 max ....... Bad thing is , if the guy holds on to it long enough some poor bastard will give him that for it !!!!

Comment

I didn't think that sounded right lol

Comment

Anything with a Gov-Loc $50-75
          ............Open 3.73-4.10 $100-125
          ............Open 4.56 $125-150
          ............No-Spin 4.56 $375

I bought 14ff that came with a complete running 4x4 truck attached to it for $250 from a buddy of Sarge's..:p

Comment

I see it every once in awhile.......people hear that a "1-ton axle" is worth $750-$1,000, but they don't understand that is only for a FRONT D60 and not for the rears.

The local small junkyard by me asks $100 for any fullsize truck axle except for a front D60.

Comment

"but you don't have to remove the axles to take off the brake drums"

hahah, i'd like to see him press these drums off the hubs without removing the axles and hubs...

Comment

Originally posted by carwash View Post
                "but you don't have to remove the axles to take off the brake drums"

hahah, i'd like to see him press these drums off the hubs without removing the axles and hubs...
                Well.....actually GM did start going to a slip-on drum design in later years so you don't have to remove the whole shaft and hub assembly to get to the brakes, and the pictures look like this is one of those axles.

Comment

oh, every 14 i've messed with I have had to use the big shop press to pop them off the hub.

Comment

mmm... the one is my jeep was one of the older one and I just took out the studd and hit the drum with a big hammer a few time so I could get a pry bar in there and pop it off

Comment

Working...
                    X