X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WrenchMonkey View Post
    I've started the teardown this week
    That would explain why you've been really quiet.... Keep us posted
    I want to be the reason you look down at your phone and smile........then walk into a pole.

Comment

i got a guys cherokee in the shop right now who wants a snorkel and i know you said something about getting rid of yours also cuz nick said he wanted one or something like that. pm me if one is available.

thanks scott
      One of these days Zuk 2.0

Comment

why is it only the xj guys like snorkels? lack of anything else to throw at their rigs, or what?

Comment

Originally posted by carwash View Post
          why is it only the xj guys like snorkels? lack of anything else to throw at their rigs, or what?
          i would say the same thing always looks like the first thing to get ripped off but this guy loves mud/water and i told him if you get that deep he wont be able to breath so it wont mater
          One of these days Zuk 2.0

Comment

Originally posted by Flxratd View Post
            i would say the same thing always looks like the first thing to get ripped off but this guy loves mud/water and i told him if you get that deep he wont be able to breath so it wont mater
            Better seal up the auto trans. or you could loose it also :o
            sigpic

Comment

I like the look of them.. (Guess It's a Jeep Cherokee Thang) Yeah they will hang up on things...Robert has removed the top of his several times on the trail to keep from breaking it.

Robert, happy to hear everything worked out.. Let me know if ya need any help. The snorkel looks in great condition,very interested..

I'll give you a call this weekend.

Nick
              Just a 200 dollar cherokee that wouldn't start ..
              Ten years later same chrome grille ..

Comment

I like the peeps that run a snorkel, yet do nothing to waterproof distributor caps, etc... it's hilarious. I recall seeing a go on the trail, with a bad ass snorkel, but no diff vents above axle line, just hoses hanging down the side of the diff. Can't imagine they had their trans or tcase vent above water line either. Submerging your **** without waterproofing properly is retarded. I don't have anything vented on my rig below the top of the air cleaner and distributer. If it gets that high, I'm screwed, as my rig is a big tall *****.

Comment

Some of it's necessity: The factory air intake is actually under the driver's headlight. Nosing down into even a fairly shallow water crossing can turn the 4.0 into a wetvac.

And sure, some of it is cosmetic: I do think the XJ snorkel compliments the vehicle lines better than most.

And you know all us XJ guys are posers, we gotta look good at Macy's!

Nick: It is about mint (not like mine!), and you're first in line for it. I'll pm ya...

Robert
                  DIRTY DEEDS, DONE DIRT CHEAP
                  Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stranger

Comment

Thankfully the AW4 is a lot more durable & water resistant than the wrangler auto tranny. Also, I would be interested in a snorkle for one of my cherokees if you go to sell one.

And, yes, a snorkle really helps; hydrolocked an XJ a few months ago doing through a hole with the intake on the deep side.

- jason

Comment

Hey what are you doing with the body? I need another one..
                      Regret not what you've done,Only what you have'nt.

Comment

Originally posted by GT MOTORSPORTS View Post
                        Hey what are you doing with the body? I need another one..
                        Well, I did sell off the front doors already, and the seats and console, but the rest of it's pretty complete.

I guess I was just gonna sit on it for a lifetime of spare odds-n-ends.

I suppose it'd make more sense to strip it down and box the parts up.

How much of it would you want, and what's it worth to ya?

Robert

Comment

Doors arent a big deal..the local pic and pull has plenty..all I really need is a body. I dont know..I know the local yard sales body's based on wieght. I couldnt tell you. Does it have a title? I have some ideas running through my head htat I have always wanted to try but never found a stripped body to play with..
                          Regret not what you've done,Only what you have'nt.

Comment

I like the peeps that run a snorkel, yet do nothing to waterproof distributor caps, etc... it's hilarious. I recall seeing a go on the trail, with a bad ass snorkel, but no diff vents above axle line, just hoses hanging down the side of the diff. Can't imagine they had their trans or tcase vent above water line either. Submerging your **** without waterproofing properly is retarded. I don't have anything vented on my rig below the top of the air cleaner and distributer. If it gets that high, I'm screwed, as my rig is a big tall *****.
                            It's funny you say this. We get a bunch of new H2 guys on the forums that ask about snorkel kits for the H2. With that truck the air intake is 45 inches from the ground. All the vents are routed to the same height as the intake. Seriously If you get an H2 in to more than 4ft of water you got way more electrical problems to worry about lol.
                            The Hummer Club Inc.
                            Director - Events Planning/Ambassador Program
                            Eric@TheHummerClubInc.com
                            www.thehummerclubinc.com

Comment

do you still have a snorkle available? hydrolocking wasnt funny the last time... still dealing with the engine issues.

Comment

Originally posted by jfiscus View Post
                                do you still have a snorkle available? hydrolocking wasnt funny the last time... still dealing with the engine issues.
                                Nope, it was the first thing to go... All those XJ posers fightin' over it.

Originally posted by GT MOTORSPORTS View Post
                                I have some ideas running through my head htat I have always wanted to try but never found a stripped body to play with..
                                Really, I bet you could find one cheaper than I'd reallly want to let this one go.

The more I think about it, stripping it all to the bone (and keeping track of everything) would really be an awful lot of work.

I guess I'd need $4-500 to make it worth my time.

I think Jason's sold driveable rigs for that much!

Robert

Comment

Working...
                                X