What happened to the JB Weld thread?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happened to the JB Weld thread?

There was a thread... "Best JB Weld fixes" or something like that...did we lose it?

ugh... anyway, here's my most recent...

Cracked the left side case on my crf450. Laid it down in a creek and an unlucky rock pushed the shifter into the thin magnesium case and cracked it in a couple places... so i JB'd it! Did it all fancy, taped off the area and everything... Reason: New sidecase is almost $400!!

So, lets see your fixes!
    Attached Files

I could have tig welded it for ya. Does look pretty damn impressive though!

I had a chain ram into the rear of my 400EX's case and split it and had success with the same method. No pics though. ;)
    sigpic

Comment

I could have welded it myself, but would have had to pull it off... i would never trust it welded, just as i wont trust it jbwelded. this was just to get the bike back on the trail til i locate a used case half.

thanks tho!

Comment

i don't have any pics, my best use of it was when i blew a chunk out of my stock tank on my yj, appartently my vents must have plugged, and my cap wasnt' venting either, my turn down for a tail pipe fell off on my way to work one day (1.5 hours each way back then), and all teh hot exhaust was blowing right onto my full tank, busted the tank right at the seem. i jb welded that ***** the next day, and it is still going strong today, 10 years and 100,000 plus miles later.

greg
        zuk buggy.....it'll be a jeep eventually.

Comment

wow, metal or plastic tank?

I need to dig up my last fix pics... glued vw cv bolts in with it, and repaired a brake caliper... held the rest of the weekend at livingston, and we beat the **** out of it.

Comment

Found them.... This cv held the rest of the weekend, in fact it took some serious work to get it off to do a real repair. The caliper held amazingly well also. the black tape was just to hold it in place while the JB dried...

Comment

I remember that day. And the "fireworks" that night.
              brad

5.0L | 435 | 203 | 300 | 4.10 | 39.5
              Buildup BACK underway...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KargoMaster View Post
                Is that the same weekend we were all driving about 40 MPH down the trail about 6 inches away from eachother?
                91 fj 80 on 37 Nitto Muds with a 10k winch. Cage and sliders coming soon.

Comment

Yeah, it was like a nascar race on the main trail!

Comment

what? you in the woods wheelin???? must have bben b4 i knew you
                    95 yj, fresh fuel injected 302, c-6, twin sticked 205, 3 linked high pinion d60 front, double trianulated 4 linked 14 bolt rear (all aluminum links) locked both ends, 4:56 gears, full hydro steering, high steer, 4 wheel discs, 16" 2.5 fox air shocks, 39.5" irok's. just finishing a full frame-up redo thanks to a great friend and one knowledgable(sp?) s.o.b casey cravens for without him this could not have been done in such a short time and done right!

LOOK OUT "WHITEY" HERE I COME!!!

Comment

Originally posted by boomhauer View Post
                      what? you in the woods wheelin???? must have bben b4 i knew you
                      Jackhole.

I have plans... lots and lots of plans.

To get back on topic, I've seen JB weld used on a gas tank to stop a leak... with a screw and some old bike tire inner tube

I've also seen threaded JBweld...

Love that stuff...
                      brad

Buildup BACK underway...

sigpic

Comment

hell yeah, once it's set you can drill and tap it like steel....

Comment

Jackhole.

I have plans... lots and lots of plans.
                          JACKHOLE huh...i love you too

speaking of plans, did you tell momma yet about the impending/upcoming JACKHOLEnapping for the fall crawl?

jb weld: used it couple weeks ago to fix the radiator while in Independance trail. i prefer the solid jb over the dual liquid type. i find it takes too long to set up/messy and it is easier to pack around
                          Last edited by KargoMaster; 09-30-2009, 03:27 PM.
                          95 yj, fresh fuel injected 302, c-6, twin sticked 205, 3 linked high pinion d60 front, double trianulated 4 linked 14 bolt rear (all aluminum links) locked both ends, 4:56 gears, full hydro steering, high steer, 4 wheel discs, 16" 2.5 fox air shocks, 39.5" irok's. just finishing a full frame-up redo thanks to a great friend and one knowledgable(sp?) s.o.b casey cravens for without him this could not have been done in such a short time and done right!

LOOK OUT "WHITEY" HERE I COME!!!

Comment

solid? what???

Comment

I think he's referring to the dual phase "sticks" (for lack of a better word) that you mush together, rather than the more liquid-ish tubed variety...
                              I have to agree that the sticks are my favored delivery method as well.

And yes, I believe that Momma know's of my absence for a Fall Crawl ride-along...
                              brad

Buildup BACK underway...

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X