Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moab Might Be Gone Forever

COPIED FROM ANOTHER SITE
    __________________________________________________ _______-------------________Less than 48 hrs For Moab Hearing - 9 MILLION ACRES

The Chairman of the Subcommittee on National Parks, Forests and Public Lands of the U.S. House Committee on Natural Resources has scheduled a hearing on October 1 to consider H.R. 1925, America's Red Rock Wilderness Act of 2009.

This legislation -- which will ban off-highway vehicle (OHV) access to public lands to those who live and recreate in
    Utah -- was introduced by New York Representative Maurice Hinchey.

However, not a single Representative from Utah is supporting H.R.1925.

Specifically, H.R. 1925 would designate more than nine million more acres as federally protected "Wilderness," and directly affect the Moab, San Rafael Swell and Chimney Rock areas (to name a few) in Utah.

These popular OHV areas represent some of the most important remaining OHV recreation areas in Utah, and are some of the most popular with responsible OHV riders. The proposed Wilderness designation would also make the land off limits to ATV riders, mountain bikers and horseback
    riders.

Coming on the heels of the recently enacted Omnibus Public Land Management Act, which closed 2 million acres of public lands, this vast Wilderness bill will take away additional recreation opportunities currently enjoyed by local residents and visitors alike.

The AMA needs your help now to stop H.R. 1925. The fastest way to reach your U.S. Representative is to call them. You can find contact information for your elected officials by entering your zip code on AmericanMotorcyclist.com, clicking on "Rights," then "Issues and Legislation." Additionally, a prewritten e-mail is available for you to send to your Representative immediately by following the "Take
    Action" option and entering your information.

Please contact your Representative right away and urge them to oppose H.R. 1925.

It's VERY VERY SIMPLE! Just click here...

http://capwiz.com/amacycle/issues/al...ertid=14061961

... and you will be taken to the AMA's (American Motorcycle
    Association) website. Enter your zip code and a letter will be sent to your representative urging them to vote NO on this bill.

Do it NOW! please

Everybody help this Bill Fail!!!
    For you guys who can't drive, I have owned a frame rack for several years. Prices are based on your skill and ability to wreck it....

Sent...
    brad

5.0L | 435 | 203 | 300 | 4.10 | 39.5
    Buildup BACK underway...

sigpic

Comment

This is the suck, saw it on Pirate.... guess they can't take away BFE, right?

This needs some attention, that's for sure.

It's unclear where i go after that link, I don't see anything Utah specific... I see one that includes a bunch of state including utah, but looks different than what is said above... Which one is the one I want to fill out?

Comment

I found it second from the bottom... Under "Smart Alert"

Certainly not intuitive, but once you're through that link, it's as easy as advertised.
        brad

5.0L | 435 | 203 | 300 | 4.10 | 39.5
        Buildup BACK underway...

sigpic

Comment

I must have been blind... done and done.

Comment

Not Moab!!!
            My wife and I had a blast there a few years back in a rental Rubicon from Cliffhanger. I sent the letter off to John Boehner. (yeah like he's gonna give a **** about outdoor recreation out West)
            The jackass from NY that proposed the bill must have had to wait on a few wheelers at the gas station while on his family vacation to Canyonlands and Arches.
            Not cool

Comment

Done.
              sigpic1950 CJ3A. Oddfire 225 V6, T-86 transmission, Dana 18 transfer case, 4 wheel disc brakes, locked front and rear. Manual saginaw steering. Warn winch, 9,000#.

Comment

Done
                if you can't fit it....FORCE IT!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Done
                  I want to be the reason you look down at your phone and smile........then walk into a pole.

Comment

Filled it out on Pirate yesterday, that will give the druggies more land to operate.

Comment

done

Comment

Done
                        One of these days Zuk 2.0

Comment

done
                          MODS- A Bunch Of Stuff That Seems To Get Me In Alot Of Trouble...

Comment

already sent my letter in!

Comment

Done ^^^^^

Comment

Working...
                              X