$20 late fee at the DMV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $20 late fee at the DMV

I just had a minor confrontation with the DMV demon. It just amazes me how/why these people keep their jobs. Everyone hates them and it shows by their obesitiy, lack of curtousy and bad hair cuts. They must pay well?

Well the DMV demon said as of October first in accordance with the new (Ohioans I just want more or your money) rules now charges $20.00 late fee if you are more than 7 days over on your vehicle registrations date. The demon lady made a point of saying twice that my registration was 7 days past the August 13th due date. I admit I was late. I'm always late. I hate going there and I protest it to my wife yearly. So today I scheduled a mere three lunch in hopes of making it through that place and get back to my life.

I was always under the assumption, wrong I know, that your vehicle tags are due by the end of the month. So I should have been able to renew them on Auguest 31st. But, and I didn't clearify this, the demon lady made a point to say they where due on the 13th. And I was late. Anyone who's tags are due make sure you get new ones on or before your birthday. I've got two more vehicles that will need updated tags, so I already requested a vacation day in December. That way i don't take out my frustration on my employees.

Why have I never seen a man working in a DMV? Damn it, now I have to go yell at a forklift driver.

yeah and im sure you got the same notice that i didnt telling us of this:mad: i love a rule change halfway through the game. i used to wait to renew my tags on my motorcycle because the weather is crap and im a fair weather rider and thought why by tags for a year when i only ride in the summer. i guess the solution to that is sell the bike dont really ride enough to justify it anymore anyway
    One of these days Zuk 2.0

Comment

I renew all of mine online with payment by credit card. Takes about 5 minutes while I'm sitting around with a beer, and then the paperwork shows up in the mail a week later.

I'm like you and hate having to go to the actual DMV. They are almost an hour round drive from work and I have a 30 minute lunch (do the math), and the one day a week they are open late so I could go there after work there are always 486 people in line.

I was forced to go there last month after buying a new car and thus needing new plates. I find it ironic you can renew the registration online with a credit card but they only accept cash or checks at the actual place. Of course I show up there and am $3 short of having enough cash on me and never carry the check book......I mean come on, it is 2009.

Comment

Originally posted by blazerbrad View Post
        I renew all of mine online with payment by credit card. Takes about 5 minutes while I'm sitting around with a beer, and then the paperwork shows up in the mail a week later.
        ditto to that...I was bummed I actually had to go the the office this year to renew my driver's license....
        I want to be the reason you look down at your phone and smile........then walk into a pole.

Comment

Got in to it with them last year over the boat . You have to fill out a form to get boat registration and it asks you what body of water you use most. Well , since I keep my boat at Dalehollow and use it there about 100% of the time, I wrote in Dalehollow ....... the girl takes the form and then goes over and looks at a map and a list of something ......... I can't read read whats on the list but figured it out when she came back to the counter and said ( in her finest BMV voice ) " Sir, I can't find Dalehollow Lake on my list!!! " . I replied, it was part of the TVA .... blah, blah, blah ..... she was lost !!!! and tells me that I have to use the boat in Ohio to be able to register it in Ohio ????????? I attempted to tell her that I do not have a residence in Kentucky and I would not be able to register it there. She looks right at me and says " well I don't know what to tell you ! "
          At this point I'm choking her out with my hands around her nappy neck ( in my mind !! ) . I looked back at her and said ( in my pissy dealing with BMV workers voice ) Oh I forgot, I boat on Ceasars Creek a few time a year now give me my sticker please !!!!

I have found that it is physically impossible to have a good trip to any BMV office ....

Comment

...and these are the people that want to take over health care.

Yeah. Great idea.

Robert
            DIRTY DEEDS, DONE DIRT CHEAP
            Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stranger

Comment

Shoot its obvious you guys havent had to get a plumbing inspection. My personal favorite-
              "Sorry you cant do that anymore. There was a code change."
              "Thats strange when did that happen?"
              "Yesterday."
              91 fj 80 on 37 Nitto Muds with a 10k winch. Cage and sliders coming soon.

Comment

It is so easy to do on line, my wife takes care of it for me. Then it is my job to put the stickers on the cars.

Comment

I'll never forget the time I was trying to swap titles from KY to OH and they looked at my SS card and told me it looked fake. They then proceeded to try to cut it in half:mad:
                  1988 Suzuki Samurai on propane
                  FJ 40 axles (4.10)
                  5.14 tcase
                  36" TSL SX

Comment

Go to the Middletown Title office, one of the employees there is deaf, sure makes it fun doing complicated title transfers...

Comment

Originally posted by jfiscus View Post
                      Go to the Middletown Title office, one of the employees there is deaf, sure makes it fun doing complicated title transfers...
                      You walk up and she just looks at you like you are stupid for not knowing shes deaf. The first time I got stuck with her I was trying to find out how to get an original title from a 1922 model "T" put in my name. That didn't work out very good, she scribbled down something and gave it to the other girl working.Then they called columbus, then second girl wrote down something and handed it back to deaf lady, she then wrote something down and handed me the paper. It was telling me to come back monday when the manager was there lol

Comment

It is a wonder someone that works there doesn't die everyday. When I put the glass body on I had to get a new title and they wanted to add up all the parts I had put on it to pay tax on the parts again. A woman working there saw I was ready to go over the counter after him and stepped in. Told him to just give me a title.

Comment

Holy cr@p Tom... If I was on the jury, I would acquit you for that...

I'm no stranger to DMV hijinks... recall that I had a (Memorial Day 2005) ticket come back to bite me this past June... and that made me late renewing my license... boy, bet they would charge me for that now...

brad

5.0L | 435 | 203 | 300 | 4.10 | 39.5
                          Buildup BACK underway...

sigpic

Comment

Cincinnati.Com » Local news
                            Last Updated: 11:30 am | Thursday, January 21, 2010

Ohio drivers hit with 329,000 late fees

COLUMBUS, Ohio — Ohio has issued 329,000 fines to people who missed new deadlines to renew their driver's licenses and vehicle registrations.

The new $20 late fee took effect in October, raising about $6.4 million for the State Highway Patrol during the last three months of 2009. The figures were released Wednesday.

The penalties apply to drivers who are more than seven days late on a renewal. It was part of a series of new and higher fees that lawmakers added to state's transportation budget last year.

The Bureau of Motor Vehicles says it is trying to make sure drivers are aware of the new fees by placing notices on its Web site, displaying posters in agency offices and by sending e-mails to drivers who have used the state's online renewal system in the past.
                            I want to be the reason you look down at your phone and smile........then walk into a pole.

Comment

Originally posted by tjjeepjeep View Post
                              Cincinnati.Com » Local news
                              Last Updated: 11:30 am | Thursday, January 21, 2010

Ohio drivers hit with 329,000 late fees

COLUMBUS, Ohio — Ohio has issued 329,000 fines to people who missed new deadlines to renew their driver's licenses and vehicle registrations.

The new $20 late fee took effect in October, raising about $6.4 million for the State Highway Patrol during the last three months of 2009. The figures were released Wednesday.

The penalties apply to drivers who are more than seven days late on a renewal. It was part of a series of new and higher fees that lawmakers added to state's transportation budget last year.

The Bureau of Motor Vehicles says it is trying to make sure drivers are aware of the new fees by placing notices on its Web site, displaying posters in agency offices and by sending e-mails to drivers who have used the state's online renewal system in the past.
                              Don't forget that the 7 day grace period will be disappearing as well.

The title office strikes again. I tried to transfer the title of the Zuk that I bought and was denied. Someone signed on the wrong line, so off we go to Frankfort. We'll see how that works out. The seller has been good about working with me but dag gone. I swear that they are trained to find any way to deny you.
                              1988 Suzuki Samurai on propane
                              FJ 40 axles (4.10)
                              5.14 tcase
                              36" TSL SX

Comment

Working...
                              X