Samurai Alternator Options?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Samurai Alternator Options?

What alternator are you Sammy guys running? I have a 1.6 8v and have read on other forums that the GM upgrade is not so good as they are not made to turn more that 3000 rpm. ??? Just trying to see what is out there. Thanks!
    One Country, One Flag, One Language...
    LIKE IT OR LEAVE IT!!!

Originally posted by biggin69 View Post
    What alternator are you Sammy guys running? I have a 1.6 8v and have read on other forums that the GM upgrade is not so good as they are not made to turn more that 3000 rpm. ??? Just trying to see what is out there. Thanks!

I very much disagree.
    I run a 94 amp gm. 1 wire on my 1.6 8v. with zero problems.

Comment

Originally posted by tinbeater View Post
      I very much disagree.
      I run a 94 amp gm. 1 wire on my 1.6 8v. with zero problems.
      i agree gm runs just fine
      never heard the 3000 rpm
      One of these days Zuk 2.0

Comment

Alright, so what do i need to do the conversion?
        One Country, One Flag, One Language...
        LIKE IT OR LEAVE IT!!!

Comment

Go with a GM alt., they're cheap and easy to find.The one wire set up is not preferred for our use due to the fact that it doesn't fully energize until about 1800-2200 RPM depending on who you talk to. It's easy to do the three wire system, there are tons of sites on the net that will walk you through it.

Comment

http://www.zukikrawlers.com/showthre...hlight=GM+wire

Its easy as pie, but spend the money and buy the alt somewhere beside Autozone. My last 2 from there lasted 1 trip, and 3 trips. They had lifetime warrentys but it sucks changing them all the time.

Adam

Comment

ive been looking into doing the gm upgrade too, hmm i just might do it now that i have some good info
              2013 RZR S

Comment

Working...
              X