4 Wheel Parts tire warranty...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 Wheel Parts tire warranty...

So when i bought my tires, years ago, I got the road/offroad warranty. Shipping for the tires was $168, but they offered the shipping for free if you spring for the tire warranty at $100. No brainer, saved $68 on shipping and had peace of mind of the warranty.

Warranty info came in the mail. It said this:
    -We will replace it at no charge during the first 50% of tire wear (pro-rated after)
    -Warranty covers all failures, on and offroad
    -Warranty covers all non-reapairable flats
    -Warranty covers all tire defects

So finally finished the rig, as everyone knows i guess... Took it to Harlan Fall Crawl for it's first official trail run. Second day of riding, we hit Grapevine on the way back to camp and I slice open the sidewalls on 2 of my brand new 44" Boggers. Damn.

Was really bummed out about it until i remembered my tire warranty. So, got back home and started the process. Called them up, they verified my warranty and sais as long as i had more than 50% tread, i would get new tires no problem. So, as to not want to wait for me to ship my old ones, or let the rig sit on no tires for weeks, i went ahead and paid in full up front, and will be reimbursed. (hope so anyway).

They told me the process of what to do for shipping back the portion. The piece has to include the DOT number and a section of tread so that they can measure the depth. Odd to me that they don't even require that you send back the damaged section at all. What keeps dishonest people from just getting new tires when their tread gets down to about 60%?

Anyway, here's some pics of my process. I will ship these off today, and let you all know when my credit comes through. That bead is amazingly tough to get thru, what the hell kind of metal is that wire... jesus. I was amazed at how easy it was to cut thru the tread and sidewall areas tho, like butter.

Its really an odd feeling to take a saw to brand new set of tires... feels like I'm doing something wrong.

Originally posted by carwash View Post
    So when i bought my tires, years ago, I got the road/offroad warranty. Shipping for the tires was $168, but they offered the shipping for free if you spring for the tire warranty at $100. No brainer, saved $68 on shipping and had peace of mind of the warranty.

Warranty info came in the mail. It said this:
    -We will replace it at no charge during the first 50% of tire wear (pro-rated after)
    -Warranty covers all failures, on and offroad
    -Warranty covers all non-reapairable flats
    -Warranty covers all tire defects

So finally finished the rig, as everyone knows i guess... Took it to Harlan Fall Crawl for it's first official trail run. Second day of riding, we hit Grapevine on the way back to camp and I slice open the sidewalls on 2 of my brand new 44" Boggers. Damn.

Was really bummed out about it until i remembered my tire warranty. So, got back home and started the process. Called them up, they verified my warranty and sais as long as i had more than 50% tread, i would get new tires no problem. So, as to not want to wait for me to ship my old ones, or let the rig sit on no tires for weeks, i went ahead and paid in full up front, and will be reimbursed. (hope so anyway).

They told me the process of what to do for shipping back the portion. The piece has to include the DOT number and a section of tread so that they can measure the depth. Odd to me that they don't even require that you send back the damaged section at all. What keeps dishonest people from just getting new tires when their tread gets down to about 60%?

Anyway, here's some pics of my process. I will ship these off today, and let you all know when my credit comes through. That bead is amazingly tough to get thru, what the hell kind of metal is that wire... jesus. I was amazed at how easy it was to cut thru the tread and sidewall areas tho, like butter.

Its really an odd feeling to take a saw to brand new set of tires... feels like I'm doing something wrong.

"nyles" should send those to that guy you were f'ing with so he can sell them for 600.00 or so....lol
    95 yj, fresh fuel injected 302, c-6, twin sticked 205, 3 linked high pinion d60 front, double trianulated 4 linked 14 bolt rear (all aluminum links) locked both ends, 4:56 gears, full hydro steering, high steer, 4 wheel discs, 16" 2.5 fox air shocks, 39.5" irok's. just finishing a full frame-up redo thanks to a great friend and one knowledgable(sp?) s.o.b casey cravens for without him this could not have been done in such a short time and done right!

LOOK OUT "WHITEY" HERE I COME!!!

Comment

Good idea.

Or maybe brad can use them. He can mount them so that the big hole is hidden. They don't need to actually be functional anyway. hahahahah.

Comment

you are gonna be alittle more upset
        if they say Sorry about your luck
        when those could have been fixed
        sidewalls ain't much are they
        For you guys who can't drive, I have owned a frame rack for several years. Prices are based on your skill and ability to wreck it....

Comment

Well, they have assured me that I am good to go to have them fully covered. Time will tell I guess. If they don't cover them, can you fix these for me Rob?

Comment

Good idea.

Or maybe brad can use them. He can mount them so that the big hole is hidden. They don't need to actually be functional anyway. hahahahah.
            You MUST be talking about a different brad...

Hope this all works out the way it should... Good job remembering the warrantee... I'd have forgotten, bought the tires, let them sit for 5 years while I rebuilt, then remembered. :o

Load Range C - 6 ply sidewall... they look about right to me...
            brad

5.0L | 435 | 203 | 300 | 4.10 | 39.5
            Buildup BACK underway...

sigpic

Comment

5 years... keep it up assbag. You can see the build date on the tires... 19th week of 2006.

I know a good vulcanizer, you want these?

Comment

5 years... keep it up assbag. You can see the build date on the tires... 19th week of 2006.

I know a good vulcanizer, you want these?

Not to sidetrack but I could use a # for someone who can volcanize a 39.5 IROK?

Thanks!

Comment

Let me get his name and number from a buddy. I might know 2 different ones, gimme a couple days.

Comment

Cool, Thanks man!

Comment

i hope your 4wp warranty goes better than mine. a few years ago i bought a mile marker winch (before i knew better)from them and did the same with warranty. think it was a little more for the lifetime warranty than it would have been for shipping, but not by much. maybe 60-70 $. when it quit working 2 months down the road i called them up and found this to be the process:
                      1 i send them the winch- $45 shipping(me)
                      2 they repair it/replace it, and or ship it to manafacturer. or something like that'
                      3 i pay postage back to me. $ 90 shipping AND processing, now.
                      4 and that is my lifetime warranty. if i want another i can buy another for origional price ($60-70)

i tried to argue that had i not bought the lifetime waranty, i still have a one year warranty on it. but they told me thats only from manafacturer, and im still responsible to get it to manftere, or aurthorized repair center. i couldent believe that the warranty id bought was only good for one time. i figured lifetime meant that im covered for life.
                      anyway, i dont have much to say good about their warranty program. hope it works for you, though.
                      lss, my winch had a bad solenoid/ relay assembly, which i easily found once i dug into it. so i just bought one from a harbor freight parts catalog. chicago tool, mile marker, and a couple other winches are the same, just differant badges. the p/n's all cross reference each other and are identical. at least when i had this ordeal they did.
                      my next rig will be on the trail before zuk 2.0 will

Comment

Forgot to add how much Max liked the new tires before i mounted them...

Comment

Too cute...
                          I want to be the reason you look down at your phone and smile........then walk into a pole.

Comment

growin like a weed
                            For you guys who can't drive, I have owned a frame rack for several years. Prices are based on your skill and ability to wreck it....

Comment

Yea wish I had 44s sprouting out of my lawn too :p

Cute Kid :)

AARON
                              91 MJ Under construction

Comment

Working...
                              X