rigs w no titles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rigs w no titles?

I got an issue that I hoping some of you can shed some light on..

My 96 XJ has bad floor pans front to rear. They cost around $99 for each section I need all 4. I have been looking at buy just another body but havent found any that were more solid than mine. I ran across a fellow board member with a ZJ for $300..but has no title. I remember hearing tales of several off road parks wanting proof of license and insurance. My question is would any of you buy a project rig with no title and take a chance on wheeling it in O.R.P's with out proper title and insurnace. I dont plan to drive this rig on the street but do know of some places that you have to drive on public roads to get to another trail( naturl bridge KY comes to mind).

I dont want to spend the cash for no good reason but also want to get back to wheeling soon...

Thanks for any help,

Greg
    Regret not what you've done,Only what you have'nt.

You can apply for an abandoned vehicle title. The BMV has all the paperwork.
    Last edited by itbrokeagain; 11-14-2009, 12:31 PM. Reason: tard moment
    91 fj 80 on 37 Nitto Muds with a 10k winch. Cage and sliders coming soon.

Comment

you got mail

Comment

Originally posted by sarge View Post
        you got mail

What places require license and insurance?

Comment

Originally posted by JeffK5 View Post

What places require license and insurance?
          slade, livingston....

Comment

Don't know about Slade but Livingston is nothing more than a state road that ran through a bunch of property with very lenient land owners.

I've been to APV areas in several states , none of them required you to be road legal.

Comment

yep, you are to be street leagal at slade too.

Comment

Thanks Sarge.

To the others...Thus is why I asked..in ky all dirt roads are concidered county rds. There fore they require a tag and insurance..had a friend get hassled at natural bridge.
                Regret not what you've done,Only what you have'nt.

Comment

Thinkin' salvage tiltle too....

Nick
                  Just a 200 dollar cherokee that wouldn't start ..
                  Ten years later same chrome grille ..

Comment

take your vin off your rig buy the 300.00 rig put your vin on it and call it good.

i didn't say that sarge!
                    95 yj, fresh fuel injected 302, c-6, twin sticked 205, 3 linked high pinion d60 front, double trianulated 4 linked 14 bolt rear (all aluminum links) locked both ends, 4:56 gears, full hydro steering, high steer, 4 wheel discs, 16" 2.5 fox air shocks, 39.5" irok's. just finishing a full frame-up redo thanks to a great friend and one knowledgable(sp?) s.o.b casey cravens for without him this could not have been done in such a short time and done right!

LOOK OUT "WHITEY" HERE I COME!!!

Comment

Can I get that PM Sarge? I am thinking of getting trying to get a title for my Sammy. Thanks!
                      One Country, One Flag, One Language...
                      LIKE IT OR LEAVE IT!!!

Comment

Why a ZJ instead of another XJ?
                        I would assume you could buy a stock Xj with a bad motor/tranny for dirt cheap ($200-300 range) any day of the week & swap over to it.
                        For that matter, you could probably find a ZJ witha bad motor & swap over in that same price range.

I woudl also assume it would also be pretty hard to get an insurance company to cover you for property theft if it was stolen from your yard or if you were injured while offroading.

here is an example:
                        http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/cto/1465958058.html

Comment

Working...
                        X