No announcement yet.

What is this worth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i'd want a zuk to be around 96-99'' for crawling, and closer to 103'' if you plan on doing some hillclimbs too. that is going to depend on your tire sizes too. 103'' is what my plan for the zuk im' hopefully picking up this weekend will end up on 40'' red labels.

greg
    zuk buggy.....it'll be a jeep eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by 94Dodge Truggy View Post
      100'' is good for alot of different terrain and a light drivetrain. Axles, motor, steering, gearing etc...? :confused:
      Axles = Dana 44's, Motor = 1.6 8v, Gearing = 5.13 diffs & 4.5:1 T-Case...
      Originally posted by mckeddie View Post
      i'd want a zuk to be around 96-99'' for crawling, and closer to 103'' if you plan on doing some hillclimbs too. that is going to depend on your tire sizes too. 103'' is what my plan for the zuk im' hopefully picking up this weekend will end up on 40'' red labels.

greg
      I plan on doing a little of everything. Mostly trails like Haspin and The Badlands. I may shoot for 105"? This is all new to me.
      Originally posted by cheapthrills49 View Post
      now u need 2 decide what type of link set up u want.....i would suggest a 3-link for the front or double tri-angulated 4-link
      As I stated above, this is all new to me. Why would you recommend a three link? Is it all worth it? It already has YJ springs up front?
      One Country, One Flag, One Language...
      LIKE IT OR LEAVE IT!!!

Comment

A three link is easier to design for the front because it takes up less space and the driveshaft can be hard to get a link in around. Also it will bind up less with there being less links.
        88 XJ - 5" lift - 35" BFG's - Bumpers - Rock Rails - Homebrewed OBA - Roof Rack - Tube Doors - Trimmed - Dented

87 XJ - D44 - Disco D30 - 235's - 231TC - Stock for now

Comment

i like the idea of a 3 link for 2 reasons. 1) packaging is easier as mentioned above, it was a nightmare getting a dual triangulated 4 link to work on my jeep, the driveshaft was hard to miss with the upper link (resolved with a 2'' taller than wanted rideheight, and a bent upper link to clear). 2) you can still run mechanical steering with hydro assist, as the track bar keeps the axle located in line with the drag link through the axles arc, going 4 link will require full hydro. the main problems i have with the 3 link is the side to side swing of hte axle through the range of motion (again, from the trac bar), and the fact that if you break an upper, and you are running airshocks or coilovers, you just broke alot more than a heim or bushing, you also probably ripped the end off of your $hock.

you're going to need ot take tire size seriously into to consideration with your wheelbase too, you don't want ot be hung up on your belly everytime you come over somethinng.
          zuk buggy.....it'll be a jeep eventually.

Comment

I currently am running 36" tires and do not want to go any bigger. I also already have full hydro steering.
            LIKE IT OR LEAVE IT!!!

Comment

I beleive this cage has a alot of potential,but inorder to be safe and strong,I would move and add some tubes that are more functional.REMEMBER,SAFETY FIRST.Good luck and have fun with your build.Also,sounds like the guys over on PIRATE4X4 are giving you some good advise also.

Comment

Originally posted by TheJeepGuy View Post
                I beleive this cage has a alot of potential,but inorder to be safe and strong,I would move and add some tubes that are more functional.REMEMBER,SAFETY FIRST.Good luck and have fun with your build.Also,sounds like the guys over on PIRATE4X4 are giving you some good advise also.
                Where would you recommend placing the tubes? Modify the pics in Paint please?

There are some great people on Pirate and there are as many, if not more douche bags that think just because you are new, you are garbage.

LIKE IT OR LEAVE IT!!!

Comment

[QUOTE=biggin69;30674]Where would you recommend placing the tubes? Modify the pics in Paint please?

Sorry, don't do paint,but the tubes I was refering to is the main hoop which is directly behind your seats should have a X design for strength in the event of a rollover.Sometimes flops are very violent,also the long tubes running from the main hoop down to your rear shock mounting area could be moved out to the 90 degree bend of the main hoop for additional strength.No one likes to rollover,but if you do,you need all the protection you can get.

Comment

[QUOTE=TheJeepGuy;30681]
                    Originally posted by biggin69 View Post
                    Where would you recommend placing the tubes? Modify the pics in Paint please?

Sorry, don't do paint,but the tubes I was refering to is the main hoop which is directly behind your seats should have a X design for strength in the event of a rollover.Sometimes flops are very violent,also the long tubes running from the main hoop down to your rear shock mounting area could be moved out to the 90 degree bend of the main hoop for additional strength.No one likes to rollover,but if you do,you need all the protection you can get.
                    LIKE IT OR LEAVE IT!!!

Comment

[QUOTE=TheJeepGuy;30681][QUOTE=biggin69;30674}
                      No one likes to rollover[/QUOTE]

SAYS WHO???? lol
                      S10 with a few air shocks..

Comment

rollover

Humpy....You are THE MAN when it comes to doing the FLOP.We need to fab up some outriggers,or maybe some training wheels..OR....weld some coil springs to the side of your cage so it springs back up by itself...lol

Comment

somebody has to provide entertainment!!!
                          S10 with a few air shocks..

Comment

Looks like from a side shot that it was built to hold early bronco body work from the shape of thing.

Comment

Working...
                            X