Biggin's Sammy-ish Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biggin's Sammy-ish Build

Here are a few pics of my build. I am taking everything (drivetrain) out of my Sammy and putting it all in the new chassis I picked up. Some pics are cell phone pics and are not the greatest. I will keep it updated as I go.

Specs: Dana 44's front and rear, 5.13 gears, 1.6l 8v, stock Sammy trans., Sammy transer case w/ 4:1 gears, 4 link rear, YJ's front, full hydro steering, all sitting on 36" tires.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by biggin69; 12-02-2009, 07:45 PM.
    One Country, One Flag, One Language...
    LIKE IT OR LEAVE IT!!!

Looks as tho you weren't to far off from a buggy to start with, what do you hope to gain with this new buggy chassis that you don't currently have?

Comment

Originally posted by carwash View Post
      Looks as tho you weren't to far off from a buggy to start with, what do you hope to gain with this new buggy chassis that you don't currently have?
      The old tubing was actually pipe which I did not like. I did not feel that it was safe. I do not have the capabilities to build a buggy from scratch. Safety is my main concern plus I enjoy working on this thing as much as I enjoy driving it.
      LIKE IT OR LEAVE IT!!!

Comment

Update...

Got the motor in the new chassis this weekend. I had to order a new rear seal for the tranny so it and the t-case will go in this week.
        LIKE IT OR LEAVE IT!!!

Comment

Did you get that chassis from a guy in richmond ky? It looks just like one that was for sale on craigslist over there. If it is the same guy, I have bought a few parts off of him in the past.
          UGLY OFFROAD

Comment

Originally posted by uglyoffroad View Post
            Did you get that chassis from a guy in richmond ky? It looks just like one that was for sale on craigslist over there. If it is the same guy, I have bought a few parts off of him in the past.
            I got it from a guy in Indy who got it from the guy in Richmond.
            LIKE IT OR LEAVE IT!!!

Comment

Been awhile since I have had time to work on the rig bu I am starting to get back at it.

What material should I use for the four links? I want to try and keep it as light as possible.
              LIKE IT OR LEAVE IT!!!

Comment

7075 aluminum or titanium!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 94Dodge Truggy View Post
                  7075 aluminum or titanium!
                  I am sure titanium is expensive...
                  LIKE IT OR LEAVE IT!!!

Comment

Alright, I now have tme to work on my rig. Getting ready to work on the suspension. I am thinking of ditching the 1.6 8v and Sammy trans for a Chevy 4.3 backed with an automatic tranny. What are your guys opinions on this and whattrans would be goog? I am thinking of keeping the Sammy t-case divorced so ???
                    LIKE IT OR LEAVE IT!!!

Comment

Originally posted by biggin69 View Post
                      Alright, I now have tme to work on my rig. Getting ready to work on the suspension. I am thinking of ditching the 1.6 8v and Sammy trans for a Chevy 4.3 backed with an automatic tranny. What are your guys opinions on this and whattrans would be goog? I am thinking of keeping the Sammy t-case divorced so ???
                      Find me if you are getting rid of the 1.6 8v. I am just down the street.

The T350 is simple cheap and reliable.
                      1988 Suzuki Samurai on propane
                      FJ 40 axles (4.10)
                      5.14 tcase
                      36" TSL SX

Comment

Originally posted by Hope Springs Hauler View Post
                        Find me if you are getting rid of the 1.6 8v. I am just down the street.

The T350 is simple cheap and reliable.
                        I will keep you in mind. Is the T350 able to bolt to a 4.3?
                        LIKE IT OR LEAVE IT!!!

Comment

I beleive so. They are the SBC of V6's

http://www.novak-adapt.com/knowledge...l_block_v6.htm
                          1988 Suzuki Samurai on propane
                          FJ 40 axles (4.10)
                          5.14 tcase
                          36" TSL SX

Comment

I will keep you in mind. Is the T350 able to bolt to a 4.3?
                            if i remember right the 4.3 and sbc are the same motor just 4.3 has 2 less cylinders so you can use any of the old style trans.... T350, T400, 700r4, etc...
                            sigpic
                            chris hodges
                            96 fzj80 3x locked, 4"lift, 37s, homebrew sliders and bumpers,a work in progress
                            71 fj55, SOA, locked...The jungle bus... retired

Comment

The Samurai t-case wont last long behind a 4.3.

Comment

Working...
                              X