Pet Odor, etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pet Odor, etc.

Anyone have any ideas/experience on getting pet urine (cat if it matters) out of concrete??? I'm gonna cut the carpet out, but pretty darn sure it's all the way into the concrete...Appreciate any ideas..
    I want to be the reason you look down at your phone and smile........then walk into a pole.

Thompsons water seal....I've used it in some rentals before and it worked for me. A carpet guy told me about it..Get you one of those little pump sprayers and spray it on the concrete.
    I got a jeep

Comment

I'll try it. Thanks so much!!!
      I want to be the reason you look down at your phone and smile........then walk into a pole.

Comment

if you can't get it out seal it in haha
        86 Ford Bronco

Comment

I'm for whatever is easiest and works...

Comment

Thompson's or deluted bleach (Oxy Clean) water. My wife and I just did the same in our laundry room. Removed the old carpet where our litter boxes were (9) cats and it is concrete under ours also (old house) and we used a combo of both and it worked great. I hand scrubbed it all (sucked) then a plastic sheet then put down our new Pergo with padding. Alot of work but well worth the return And no stink!!

Good Luck!
            06 TJ, 8.8 Aussied, 4.88's and 35" KM2's

Comment

x2 on the bleach had to do it to my house when I bought it.
              One Country, One Flag, One Language...
              LIKE IT OR LEAVE IT!!!

Comment

My problem is that I'm allergic to bleach. So I was hoping to get a solution that didn't involve it. I wondered about Oxy Clean...

Comment

Wife says use ammonia..

Good Luck

Nick

Go Bengals! WHO-DEY!!!
                  Just a 200 dollar cherokee that wouldn't start ..
                  Ten years later same chrome grille ..

Comment

I'd be careful with bleach (I know you said you're allergic). Urine odor is caused by ammonia and those 2 things combined releases chlorine gas. Not good.

I found a good natural way is white vinegar. Acid(vinegar) plus base (ammonia) yeilds neutralization. It would at least be worth a shot.
                    1988 Suzuki Samurai on propane
                    FJ 40 axles (4.10)
                    5.14 tcase
                    36" TSL SX

Comment

There are enzyme solutions at the pet stores. Natures Miracle stain & oder remover is what the wife uses on the carpet when we first got the dog.

Comment

X2 on the white vinegar.

Had a cat in the front of my cruiser after a very bad car crash sent the cat owner to the hospital. The cat was like 100 years old and pissed in my front floor board :mad: :mad: :mad: .... so not only was it cat piss, but old cat piss all over the front of my car.

I guess this was carma !!!! because I hate cats !!!!!!! My brand new cruiser now smelled like cat piss :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

One of my dispatchers told me about the white vinegar , it worked the first time.

Comment

1/4 stick of dynamite cures all. Dont forget it!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 94Dodge Truggy View Post

yes they do ! They also work on cats

Comment

Originally posted by 94Dodge Truggy View Post
                              I wondered where your standard response was....I feel better now. Thanks.

But no thanks .... I'm not explaining to Mom what happened to her cat.

Comment

Working...
                              X