Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do?

What do you do when your dog leaves?
    My dog has never been one for a leash and in the 7 years that I had him he has never wandered. He had been getting senile for a while and just didn't come home last night. I got plenty of jeep time last night as I was driving around looking for him. Today we called the pound and nothing. I guess after 13 years, maybe he was tired and just found a place to go die. I just don't know.
    1988 Suzuki Samurai on propane
    FJ 40 axles (4.10)
    5.14 tcase
    36" TSL SX

Sorry to hear about your dog, we had one that did the same. The wife and kids did find her and it killed the wife to have to take her in to the vet to be put down.

Comment

Keep calling the animal shelter! Our dog got out once and didn't get picked up for 4 days!
      Last edited by Nuts; 12-17-2009, 05:40 PM.

Comment

that would tare me up I love my dogs they drive me nuts and feel like killing them at times haha but love them at that age I would say there is the possibility it did go away to die hope you find it
        86 Ford Bronco

Comment

Post up a pic. I have a few friends who live near you and will spread the word around.
          sigpic

Comment

My Pooch

Answers to "Chase"

Under that fur somewhere is an orange collar and a tag with his name on it. Also, the tag has a lexington phone number on it (my old one) as we just changed phone numbers a bit ago.
            Attached Files
            FJ 40 axles (4.10)
            5.14 tcase
            36" TSL SX

Comment

Is he chippped by chance? And did he have any health problems that you know of?
              88 XJ - 5" lift - 35" BFG's - Bumpers - Rock Rails - Homebrewed OBA - Roof Rack - Tube Doors - Trimmed - Dented

87 XJ - D44 - Disco D30 - 235's - 231TC - Stock for now

Comment

Originally posted by RuffedUpXJ View Post
                Is he chippped by chance? And did he have any health problems that you know of?
                He is chipped according to the Aussie Rescue where I got him so they would get notified but they don't actually know that I have the dog. Their rep ceased contact with me AND moved where I couldnt find them within 2 weeks of adopting him.

He has problems walking. His hips are beginning to fail but the vet told me that I could let him continue as long as he didn't show great signs of pain.
                FJ 40 axles (4.10)
                5.14 tcase
                36" TSL SX

Comment

My heart goes out to you. My 16 year old husky passed about 2 years ago and it was a really tough time. Like losing your best friend.

Hope he shows up or you find him so you can have some closure.
                  sigpic
                  chris hodges
                  96 fzj80 3x locked, 4"lift, 37s, homebrew sliders and bumpers,a work in progress
                  71 fj55, SOA, locked...The jungle bus... retired

Comment

I think that closure is what we are really wanting more than anything. I want to remember him as a good dog, not a grouchy @#$% that bowled over my daughter every day because he didn't care.

It's weird though, I can't stop looking outside or calling for him while I am out there.
                    FJ 40 axles (4.10)
                    5.14 tcase
                    36" TSL SX

Comment

You want me to come on by after work and we could go looking around the neighborhood for him? Give me a time and I will come on by.
                      sigpic

Comment

Call off the fire alarm

Turns out that the dog probably had a bout of dementia. It's either that or my daughter has finally got to him and he couldn't take it anymore?

He turned up about 3 miles frome the house (near river rd). A guy called my wife this afternoon saying that Chase had turned up on his porch @ 5am today and it took him until 2 to find us. I guess the first thing is to get a new name tag and then possibly move up my plan to fence an area for him.

PS Scott, call me and lets set a time to get together and I can get that crankshaft and other stuff from you (513-368-7128)
                        FJ 40 axles (4.10)
                        5.14 tcase
                        36" TSL SX

Comment

Working...
                        X