No announcement yet.

back from Haspin with CARNAGE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sarge I don't think jacobs rig is locked in the front, when it got lodged in the mud only one was spinning I think.

we kept to the creek most of the time, driving over cars and rock ledges most of the time
    I believe this will be our finest hour

Comment

Originally posted by scarface View Post
      Sarge I don't think jacobs rig is locked in the front, when it got lodged in the mud only one was spinning I think.

we kept to the creek most of the time, driving over cars and rock ledges most of the time
      Was locked may now be the phrase it sounds like. :( Hope not!
      sigpic

Comment

Might have to jack her up later this week and check the theory. She doesnt pop or bind up like a front lock/welded usually does so who knows

Comment

OK I could not remember if I locked the 8 lug 10 bolt when I switched them out , guess not . the old one was welded .

Jacob,

Now that it is not a locked front problem , you need to lengthen the drag link . put the front up on jack stands so the tires are off the ground and count the number of turns to full lock each way. then start messing with the steering links until you get equal turns from side to side.

Comment

yeah he has been doing that about every time he drives it, it is just a poor steering design. My old K5 had the same issue, I think maybe this winter we will see if we can source the parts for a high steer setup, his steering box is about to go out too.

Comment

I have been adjusting the drag link alot trying to find the spot where i have equal turn both directions. I think i might have figured it out the last time i messed with it a few days ago. The steering box does seem a weak. I changed the power steering belt, and that seemed to help give the box a little more power.

Sarge,
              How did you weld that rear end? spider gears?
              '84 Cherokee body welded to an '86 Blazer frame , fuel injected 350, 700r4 trans, np208 t-case, 44 front and a welded 14 bolt in the rear on 35" boggers, radiator in the rear, and a full cage

Comment

I took the diff out of the 14 bolt and welded every other tooth in the spiders so they would no longer spin , this saves the diff , if you ever wanted to open it up ( I wouldn't know why !) all you need is new spider gears.

Comment

There is no way i would make that diff open. I was just curious how you did it.
                  '84 Cherokee body welded to an '86 Blazer frame , fuel injected 350, 700r4 trans, np208 t-case, 44 front and a welded 14 bolt in the rear on 35" boggers, radiator in the rear, and a full cage

Comment

Working...
                  X