Offroad Insurance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offroad Insurance?

I see from my research that places like the badlands require insurance for "full-size" vehicles to operate there. What are you all doing for insurance?

I hardly ever plan to drive it, so I'm not sure that I want to pay $400+ per year for a vehicle that will hardly ever see the pavement. My company (state farm) won't write me an agreed value policy like they do on my classic b/c they say they only do that on 1975 and older vehicles. I am not sure what to do. I would love to see if they would write a group policy for 3 occasional use vehicles and 3 road vehicles.
    1988 Suzuki Samurai on propane
    FJ 40 axles (4.10)
    5.14 tcase
    36" TSL SX

I have insurance on my CJ for road use only, anything that happens on the trail is all on my dime. It is all in the fine print.

So if a park wants you to have insurance, yes I have it, but it is worthless in a orv park.

Comment

Preferred protectors insures everything I have. They are located in fairfield on nilles and rt 4. Side by side insured incase I total it along with jeep. I had to use an appraiser for an oler vehicle back in the day for insurance coverage. The jeep required pictures, reciepts and a value in which I wanted to insure it for.
      sigpic

Comment

Badlands does not require everything that they say they do. The say you have to have Ins. and a registration. I have neither.
        One Country, One Flag, One Language...
        LIKE IT OR LEAVE IT!!!

Comment

Only place I worry about being insured other than the street is red river gorge and harlan.
          sigpic

Comment

you don't need it at attica, it is just for their liability to say you do. i carry storage insurance only on mine, that way if anything happens to it at the house, it's covered (luckily, since someone stole my shocks off it a couple of months ago), or if a tree or something would fall on it, and crush it, it would be covered. this topic pops up on pirate all the time. basically offroad, its on your dime.

greg
            zuk buggy.....it'll be a jeep eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by mckeddie View Post
              you don't need it at attica, it is just for their liability to say you do. i carry storage insurance only on mine, that way if anything happens to it at the house, it's covered (luckily, since someone stole my shocks off it a couple of months ago), or if a tree or something would fall on it, and crush it, it would be covered. this topic pops up on pirate all the time. basically offroad, its on your dime.

greg
              I've looked on pirate and seen some of both. Yeah, if I could choose some coverage I would like the theft and fire protection and personal liability. Maybe I will talk to my agent about that.
              1988 Suzuki Samurai on propane
              FJ 40 axles (4.10)
              5.14 tcase
              36" TSL SX

Comment

I carry All State liabity on mine. As mentioned, all the places reguire insurance... But,They've never asked me to show proof of insurance.

Nick

Go Bengals!!WHO-DEY!!!
                Just a 200 dollar cherokee that wouldn't start ..
                Ten years later same chrome grille ..

Comment

Working...
                X