Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just waiting on my insurance rates to climb!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just waiting on my insurance rates to climb!!!

So , I'm working in the basement Monday night ( finishing a bed room for my 16 year old ) oblivious to the fact that it was snowing. My son was at a friends house ( or should I say , was supposed to be at a friends house..... not running around in the Jeep ) .......

I get the call .... you parents of young drivers know what I mean when I say " THE CALL " ..... yep ! parked car hit . :mad: :mad: :mad:

No one hurt just alot of damage ! I should say damage to the parked car !!! the Jeeps carnage list was very short , fog lights, marker light and a couple small cracks in the grill :

The Car on the other hand .........

DONE !

I just hope this is that wake up call that he needed and got it out of his system !!!!

i got a ways to go before that day but i know its not if its when and at least no one was hurt i suppose and no driver in the other car to have any life long injuries. jeep 1 contour 0 or whatever it was.
    One of these days Zuk 2.0

Comment

To tell you the truth, I told my oldest she couldn't get her drivers licence until she was 18. Unless she got a job, saved enough money to by a car and then she could get them. She got a job at 15 and had her a car at 16.

I see no reason for my kids to tear up my cars when they can see what it takes to get one of their own. I can tear my own stuff up.

Sorry to hear about it and he wasn't the only one. The youngest has friend and her brother ( I think he is 19) was in a 4 car wreck and he had no insurance last night.

Comment

Sure was fun leaving work at noon and making it home before **** was getting bad. Still fun though in a Civic Sedan with two baldish front tires.
        88 XJ - 5" lift - 35" BFG's - Bumpers - Rock Rails - Homebrewed OBA - Roof Rack - Tube Doors - Trimmed - Dented

87 XJ - D44 - Disco D30 - 235's - 231TC - Stock for now

Comment

So since he's grounded and car less, he can finish his own bedroom.

My daughter just turned 15, she has a great sense of responsibility but is so persuadable by friends. I don't think I'm going to install a passenger seat at tall, when she starts driving on the street.

Comment

Originally posted by Bear Chow View Post
            I don't think I'm going to install a passenger seat at tall, when she starts driving on the street.

thats a great idea on the seat and a manual trans or no cup holders so there hands can be free of there cell phone
            One of these days Zuk 2.0

Comment

Don't forget the rev limiter set at 1500 rpms

Comment

Ouch! I gave my 17 daughter a big car just in case she needs to use it.... she has only taken out her own mirror and and ran into a ditch so far.

if i am not currently offending you, i will be shortly.

Comment

Dont forget to tell him four wheel drives may go good in the snow but stop just like everything else.

Comment

I took him out thursday evening and showed him what he did wrong and how to drive in the snow , a little late I know but ..........

Comment

Hopefully the youngest will drive better than her sister. I started the lessons earlier so maybe she won't drive like her mother.

Comment

I knew that bumper was good for something when I put it on there! How did the unibody hold up with the tie-in plates?
                        2006 Chevy Tahoe Z71
                        2010 Harley Street Glide

Comment

Originally posted by RuffedUpXJ View Post
                          Sure was fun leaving work at noon and making it home before **** was getting bad. Still fun though in a Civic Sedan with two baldish front tires.
                          Same civic we put the engine in?
                          91 fj 80 on 37 Nitto Muds with a 10k winch. Cage and sliders coming soon.

Comment

Originally posted by itbrokeagain View Post
                            Same civic we put the engine in?
                            Of course it is but its about 5 engines later. Dime a dozen these engines.
                            88 XJ - 5" lift - 35" BFG's - Bumpers - Rock Rails - Homebrewed OBA - Roof Rack - Tube Doors - Trimmed - Dented

87 XJ - D44 - Disco D30 - 235's - 231TC - Stock for now

Comment

Originally posted by lilbluexj View Post
                              I knew that bumper was good for something when I put it on there! How did the unibody hold up with the tie-in plates?

It held up great ! only thing it did was bend the stinger about an inch . No uni-body damage that I could find.

Now I need to get busy on the rear bumper ...... it's the spot on the Jeep thats not bullit proof

Comment

Working...
                              X