Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you want to build in the future?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you want to build in the future?

Just curious but what are everyones future build plans? I want to put my xj on 35s for right now but eventually put bigger axles in and move up to 37or 38s. This will then either be passed down to one of the kids (oldest is seven) or sold in several years and I want to build a crew cab 6 foot flat bed Super Duty boatsided with rockwells, coilovers on all corners and at least 42s.
    91 fj 80 on 37 Nitto Muds with a 10k winch. Cage and sliders coming soon.

in the next year or so i want to pick the kid up a yj to start building as a DD/trailrig for when he turns 16. if we start it now, we should be able to afford to build it slowly into a pretty nice rig over the next 4 years. if i wait, i'll have ot put mine on the back burner, and i can't be having that. i also would like to have a buggy done within the next couple of years.

my immediate plans for mine are to lower it 2 inches, change the front dual triangulated 4 link to a 3 link, get my new krawlers mounted up, redo the cage, tie the seats to the cage, and narrow and raise the rear frame. all of this is currently in the works.

greg
    zuk buggy.....it'll be a jeep eventually.

Comment

my 89 yota with 2.5 old man emu lift, 4 runner axles, rock sliders, trail gear rear bumper, 33's, and a new rust free bed. And find another trail rig to start building.
      1989 ext cab yota 22re bored .20 over trd cam, trd headers, Marlin crawler front bumper w/stinger, Marlin crawler roll cage, trailgear rear bumper, trailgear rock sliders, richmond 5.29's, and lockright rear, 33 nokian mt's. 10k winch. Rear disc conversion. Chromoly rear axle shafts. Bombproof motor mounts and transfer case mount. Whole lot of rust and scratches.

Comment

One day:

...using a stock XJ rear door, and the factory MJ longbed wheelbase and frame.

Only thing stopping me is the fact that I can't STAND bodywork...

Robert
        DIRTY DEEDS, DONE DIRT CHEAP
        Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stranger

Comment

Neat... but a ***** on that departure angle... probably hangs up on speedbumps.

I'd like to build a new shop in the future.

Comment

i wanna be just like tinbeater!!
            S10 with a few air shocks..

Comment

Originally posted by carwash View Post
              Neat... but a ***** on that departure angle... probably hangs up on speedbumps...
              Oh, it'd be way too big (and bodywork-intensive!) to ever wheel it, and too lightweight and underpowered (even with a 360 swap) to be much of a tow rig, but it'd make one Mean Macy's Machine...

Robert
              DIRTY DEEDS, DONE DIRT CHEAP
              Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stranger

Comment

Finish my Jeep build (we are talking distant future, right?)

Work in CW's new shop...

I'm also fascinated with Dana80/Rockwell hybrids...
                But believe it or not, I think the next future rig will be smaller/lighter
                brad

5.0L | 435 | 203 | 300 | 4.10 | 39.5
                Buildup BACK underway...

sigpic

Comment

I would like to build an enclosed trailer to haul the 6x6 in / camper. Something toward an expedition build.

Comment

id like to add a winch bumper to my kick , then go some where wheeling it. matt

Comment

Originally posted by GPER View Post
                      I would like to build an enclosed trailer to haul the 6x6 in / camper. Something toward an expedition build.
                      an enclosed trailer to haul a 6x6... would that even fit down the road, height or width wise?

Comment

an enclosed trailer to haul a 6x6... would that even fit down the road, height or width wise?
                        That is obtainable but will require alot of money to do so. Low deck, wide doors and something to pull it with that is substantial. My truck did not like hauling mine. Truck alone weighed 13,600 lbs. trailer was 5,800 lbs. :o Buddy bought a 5 ton dump 6x6 and a 6x6 5 ton wrecker with all rigging included to help support the 2.5 ton offroad. Nice units! Got a play date this sunday with them!
                        sigpic

Comment

He's talking about a polais 6X6
                          I got a jeep

Comment

Originally posted by drmeece View Post

Trails are getting scarce so were not doing rockwells

Comment

Originally posted by drmeece View Post
                              oh... not near as exciting... ha!

Comment

Working...
                              X