the mtr with kevlar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the mtr with kevlar

i was looking at getting another set of mtr's in the future. and ran across the new style built with kevlar. the tread design does look that agressive compared to the previous or even the mt alone. i was wondering if anyone has ran these tires or knew someone who has and how they do offroad.
    UNITED STATES MARINE
    99 TJ, locked, long armed, creepy's
    sigpic

My best friend runs them in the 37x12.5x17 flavor and they crawl over any rock you put at them and dig through mud without a problem.

They are pretty pricey, but one of the best tires I have ever seen. We've wheeled all over KY, in mud, dirt, sand, rocks, etc and they have performed super well.

I would highly reccomend them.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad@TORC View Post
      My best friend runs them in the 37x12.5x17 flavor and they crawl over any rock you put at them and dig through mud without a problem.

They are pretty pricey, but one of the best tires I have ever seen. We've wheeled all over KY, in mud, dirt, sand, rocks, etc and they have performed super well.

I would highly reccomend them.
      got pics?

sorry, had to.

Comment

Originally posted by carwash View Post
        got pics?

sorry, had to.
        x2
        UNITED STATES MARINE
        sigpic

Comment

01 TJ

Comment

Originally posted by kingchango View Post
            they look like they would do well on/off the road. but how well do they clean out.does any one have any wheelin pics runnin these tires
            UNITED STATES MARINE
            sigpic

Comment

here are a few videos i found on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mR_POY9rPOI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qlelc...eature=related
              UNITED STATES MARINE
              sigpic

Comment

i have seen a set of 40s in those and they look great. i know the ultimate adventure crew used them so may want to look back in petersons and see what they had to say. my problem is they look like a directional tire but they only have on direction so it looks like they are on the wrong way on one side of the vehicle. just my o.c.d talking but that would keep me away from them
                One of these days Zuk 2.0

Comment

Originally posted by Flxratd View Post
                  i have seen a set of 40s in those and they look great. i know the ultimate adventure crew used them so may want to look back in petersons and see what they had to say. my problem is they look like a directional tire but they only have on direction so it looks like they are on the wrong way on one side of the vehicle. just my o.c.d talking but that would keep me away from them
                  x2.... that would look funky
                  sigpic
                  chris hodges
                  96 fzj80 3x locked, 4"lift, 37s, homebrew sliders and bumpers,a work in progress
                  71 fj55, SOA, locked...The jungle bus... retired

Comment

Originally posted by carwash View Post
                    got pics?

sorry, had to.
                    There are a bunch in here, enjoy:

http://forum.torcoffroad.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1016

Silver Rubi, 37 MTRs, Walker Evans Beadlocks, etc etc etc. Ran lower and upper rock garden no problem. Also played in the mud and cleaned out once we got moving back on the main trail again.

Anything else Mike? ;)

Comment

There are a bunch in here, enjoy:

http://forum.torcoffroad.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1016

Silver Rubi, 37 MTRs, Walker Evans Beadlocks, etc etc etc. Ran lower and upper rock garden no problem. Also played in the mud and cleaned out once we got moving back on the main trail again.

Anything else Mike? ;)
                      good pics,nice convoy.i have to admit they look better when in use
                      UNITED STATES MARINE
                      sigpic

Comment

There really are amazing. I was gonna get them but got a smokin deal on the brand new Pitbull Radial Rockers in the 37" flavor.

When we were down at Harlan aired down to 5psi he ran pretty much anything and the tires did great. Soupy mud, sticky mud, rocks, dirt, hills, etc. I, as well as the rest of the club, were super impressed.

If you are even thinking about getting them I would say go ahead and do it. You will not be disappointed.

Comment

There really are amazing. I was gonna get them but got a smokin deal on the brand new Pitbull Radial Rockers in the 37" flavor.

When we were down at Harlan aired down to 5psi he ran pretty much anything and the tires did great. Soupy mud, sticky mud, rocks, dirt, hills, etc. I, as well as the rest of the club, were super impressed.

If you are even thinking about getting them I would say go ahead and do it. You will not be disappointed.
                          will def keep that in mind. im goin to wait till i get back from japan to get a new set of tires the trxus sts still have great tread on them.
                          UNITED STATES MARINE
                          sigpic

Comment

A buddy of mine runs them on his TJ white letter in/reversed and they do look funky to me too. There a asymmetrical tire and Goodyear states it won't effect the performance of the tire either way you mount them. He has been running them for 5-6K now with no complaints.

I'm sticking with my KM2's
                            06 TJ, 8.8 Aussied, 4.88's and 35" KM2's

Comment

I would think the side with all the lugs would dictate a rotation direction to ensure tread cleaning. Maybe I'm just used to equipment tires.

Comment

Working...
                              X