Job shopping: Wheeling in Cincy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Job shopping: Wheeling in Cincy?

Looking at jobs in the Cincinnati area. I lived there as a kid (Sycamore/Moeller) but it's been almost 20 years since I moved away and I don't remember much about the wheeling there.

I know I'd love Cincy in general (I've been back to visit family and such fairly regularly) as I have a thing for LaRosas, Graeters, and Skyline. I'm hoping the jeeping is pretty good?

How are the laws for registering a vehicle? I'd most likely be looking to live in the Evandale/Blue Ash area. Emissions? Lift laws? Bumper and tire issues?

FWIW, My rig's an altered 2001 stretched TJ /w Stak 3spd TC, Solid HPD60s, arbs, coilovers, full hydro, beadlocked 39" bias Iroks, etc etc...

Here's vid of my junk at Moab if anyone is interested.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrVxNa4idxE

Any thoughts, advice, input, pictures, and/or video links would be greatly appreciated.

cmoore

Emissions got deep 6'ed about 4yrs ago. The biggest problem I see with DDing your rig is the bumper height issue. Ohio laws are 24" front and 26" rear for the gvw of the jeep.
    1988 Suzuki Samurai on propane
    FJ 40 axles (4.10)
    5.14 tcase
    36" TSL SX

Comment

You rarely get stopped for bumper laws, unless you have a bored cop or prick in your area.

The wheeling is very good actually, contrary to most of the whining you hear people do...

Slade/Natural Bridge
      Badlands
      Jellico
      Harlan
      Haspin (if yer a pansy ass)
      New parks here and there, etc...
      If you want to drive a bit further, there's
      Morris Mountain
      Windrock
      etc etc etc...

Comment

Cops around here dont care much about bumper height (unless a stupid huge lift) they are more worried about the little rice burner "tuner" cars. seems they are the ones that cause most of the trouble around here. And maybe a select few diesel pick ups
        2013 RZR S

Comment

unless you have a bored cop or prick in your area.
          AKA Kettering cops.

we have 2 cops (here in kettering) who's DUTY is Trafic Violation ONLY. One of them stoped me in my old yj and got me for, bumper height, no windshield and no front licence plate <-(my fault).
          $415.00 ticket.

i hope cincy cops are not like this!!

good luck
          later
          E.
          01 TJ

Comment

Carwash mentioned most of the more common ones, keep in mind most are anywhere from three to six hours away. A rig like yours won't find much of a challange at Haspin unless you're into mud. Harlan is probably the best wheeling around this part of the country, you'll like it there.
            What kind of work are you in? The job situation here sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by kingchango View Post
              AKA Kettering cops.

we have 2 cops (here in kettering) who's DUTY is Trafic Violation ONLY. One of them stoped me in my old yj and got me for, bumper height, no windshield and no front licence plate <-(my fault).
              $415.00 ticket.

i hope cincy cops are not like this!!

good luck
              later
              E.
              I have never had any problems, but if that goes down I won't be winching any of the medic trucks out of the snow anymore.
              415 bucks is steep for that kind of crap.

They do give my girl's a hard time when they get stopped driving the Polaris around the neighborhood.

Comment

no emmisions, out of state licensing cost about $2 at the bmv, they just check title vin to dash vin. thats all.

the restaurants are good. id prefer Gold Star over Skyline tho.lol thats just my opinion plus the one in williamsburg serves beer
                UNITED STATES MARINE
                99 TJ, locked, long armed, creepy's
                sigpic

Comment

skyline downtown serves beer, as do a few of the other ones.

Comment

Originally posted by carwash View Post
                    skyline downtown serves beer, as do a few of the other ones.
                    im still siding with gold star.
                    UNITED STATES MARINE
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mossyoaktj View Post
                      im still siding with gold star.

Only Hillbillys eat Goldstar!

if i am not currently offending you, i will be shortly.

Comment

Originally posted by JET455 View Post
                        Only Hillbillys eat Goldstar!
                        a hillbilly i am.haha
                        UNITED STATES MARINE
                        sigpic

Comment

Skyline is far superior. The one in Clearwater Florida has a full bar.
                          91 fj 80 on 37 Nitto Muds with a 10k winch. Cage and sliders coming soon.

Comment

There's one in Naples, FL the same way Tony!!!

Comment

I just got OH plates for this about a week ago and didnt have any trouble...

Been driving it around Cincinati for almost 2 years with NC tags and only got stopped once and that was cause I was being a jackass and drifted through an intersection (couldnt have been helped with the spool and stroker motor ). Didnt say anything about lift height, tires, or lack of rear body. Just my right foot The cops downtown give me the eye when I make a turn cause the spool squeeks the tires but never have pulled me over or said anything about it.

AARON
                              91 MJ Under construction

Comment

Working...
                              X