No announcement yet.

trailers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i stood 2x10 on end like a floor truss, traced them out and cut them with a circular saw and the radius' with a saws-most. 4 carage bolts with lock washers and red loctite, been like that for years

trailer is 76.5" inside metal fenders and the 4walker is 88"

trailer is also 4 sale $800
    Last edited by cheapthrills49; 01-02-2011, 03:17 PM.
    sigpicI EAT BURRITOS ON EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!

Comment

My problem on my old trailer with fenders wasn't the fact that I couldn't drive over them, that was easy to fix. The issue I had was that my wheelbase prevented me from being able to load the trailer with enough tongue weight to pull effectively. The back tires were essentially sitting on the dovetail part of the trailer. In order to have enough tongue weight, I would have had to park the back wheels on top of the fenders and that wouldn't have worked. My only solution really was a deckover.

Comment

I am 84.5" sidewall to sidewall with a full width 60 front, 17x8 beadlocks with 4.5 BS and 14" wide tires. Trailer is 83.5 between fenders, I just let it squeeze between them, been working fine like that for 2 years. Just build drive-over fenders if you cant fit between them

Comment

My trailer is about 83" between the fenders, and the front of my Blazer is about 87-88" wide. My temporary fix was to make wood ramps consisting of three 4x4's stacked on top of each other and then cut out to the same shape as the fenders and then fastened to the fenders with a couple of bolts. That temporary fix has been in place for 5-6 years now. I'm also lucky because the perfect loading puts my rear tires right up against these wood ramps, but as mentioned above if your rear tires need to be inbetween the fenders for proper loading you will have some issues.

The wood ramps I have now work great as you just pull it on and stop when the rear tires hit the ramps. But as also mentioned above there is some concern of getting the rig loaded or unloaded if something breaks. The worst case I have been in was no steering and the passenger side front axle shaft broke. Loading wasn't too bad once I had it lined up correctly but it's a little hairy not having any steering and the front tires sitting up on the ramp. Unloading was a pain and I had to have another vehicle help pull it off. Part of the problem was it was raining + steel deck = slick. With only one front wheel pulling and no steering the back wanted to slide over when trying to back over the ramps. I've never tried, but I'm guessing it would be rather difficult to load or unload in 2wd.

Comment

i broke a joint n my front drive shaft 2 weekends ago and loaded up n 2wd. driving over the frosty fenders and my steal ramps slick as hell, i had 2 bump it pretty hard and it made my butt hole pucker a bit. sucks bad i need a deck over!
            sigpicI EAT BURRITOS ON EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
            X