rim question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rim question

Are 8lug 15 inch rims easy to come across?
    91 fj 80 on 37 Nitto Muds with a 10k winch. Cage and sliders coming soon.

http://www.stocktonwheel.com/new_products.php

Comment

National Tire and Wheel in Pittsburg has Eaton 8lug 15" steelies for an awsome price.

Comment

I have 2, they're either 10" or 12" wide, that I'll be selling as soon as I get the tires off them.

Comment

Very easy to get, just that they are not advertised very much and the styles are very limited. Jegs and Summit have them on their webpages along with places like 4 Wheel Parts and National Tire & Wheel, though most local tire stores should also be able to get them (though I've ran across some kids working in big chain stores that will insist they don't exist.....of course I had one kid tell me a steel white spoke 15x6 wheel for my trailer would probably cost $100+ and refused to actually look it up on the computer).

Comment

Alright will 15 inch rims fit a 78 f250?

Comment

Originally posted by itbrokeagain View Post
              Alright will 15 inch rims fit a 78 f250?
              Reverse backspace (2.5-2.75" BS) 15" 8-lugs are pretty common and should fit with no issues. 78Buford has 2.75" BS 15's on his with the D60 front axle, and if they fit the D60 they should fit one with a D44.

Regular BS (4-4.5") 15" 8-lugs usually require you to grind down the front brake calipers for them to fit. Can't really give definite advice for the Fords, but on Chevy 10-bolt of D44 front 8-lug axles you can run this BS of wheels with some grinding. I've personally done this and ran it for years, and there are literally hundreds of people who have done this. But again, I don't know if the Ford front brakes are substantially bigger or not.

Comment

Great! Thank you!

Comment

This is a Eaton 15" steelie, 8" wide with 3.5" bs moch up on a 14boly C&C with Chevy 3500 calipoers and rotors. The rims have almost 1/8" clearance and do not rub at all. Got them from National Tire and Wheel for like $55 - $59 each, no tax and shipping was cheap!

I bought these to make my weld on beadlocks. The Eaton wheels are much heavier duty than a Craiger or Pro Comp wheel.

Comment

Working...
                  X