Natural Bridge trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Natural Bridge trip

First off I would like to say thank you for letting me tag along. This was my first CORE trip in a long time. You guys were alot of fun and very friendly to a beginner that hadn't wheeled much. I'm not much for words so I'll just post a few of my pictures.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by scarface; 09-02-2007, 10:45 AM.
    I believe this will be our finest hour

Attached Files
    I believe this will be our finest hour

Comment

Well myself Jamie, Scott A, stang849, and tjjeepjeep arrived at 3:30pm on friday and got a good camping spot. Wheelers piled in the campgrounds to where parking was slim. A big thanks to Mike Shelton for cutting the weeds at the campground. The rest of the core members arrived between 8 and midnight or so bringing the vehicle count to around 9 or 10 I believe. Friday afternoon myself, Jamie & Scott in a Samurai (of course), and stang849 and tjjeepjeep in a lifted 04 wrangler headed out to the trails. We covered alot of ground that evening and had a great ride. The samurai ended up floping on its side (the 1st of 2 flops) pretty hard after hatbox on a 10 foot tall moss covered boulder. (everyone including the vehicle were ok) Saturday morning we all took off and covered many miles of trails. We went to both caves, damnation, the lake, carbeurator and a couple of other spots before we had to go. One cave had some deep passages with 20 degree cooler air odd bugs and spectacular views where ceilings rose up some 20 plus feet. Surprisingly for how many people were at camp we hardly ever encountered anyone on the trail. At camp the rigs were everywhere. Many were very well built and had some clever mods done to them. I saw one buggy that had been featured in 2 magazines for sale for a mild 125,000 bones. Another buggy (my favorite) had 2.5 ton rockwells, big block, propane, 54" boggers, etc... This run over a beautiful weekend was a first for stang849 and tjjeepjeep and they did damn well. They took their lifted wrangler with open diffs places that I couldn't believe! Excellent driving. Tjjeepjeep rode shotgun in truggy on saturday and seemed to be hard to scare when truggy was in some wicked terrain. The weekend was great! Thanks to all for a great time and good fun! Anyone else get poison ivy? Hee hee
      sigpic

Comment

We had an awesome time!! Very addicting and I am already trying to figure out when the next time out will be. I can now appreciate why you guys always seem to be going someplace every weekend. Great times had by all!!! Thanks to everyone.

And thanks Scott, for letting me ride shotgun. It was a blast!
        I want to be the reason you look down at your phone and smile........then walk into a pole.

Comment

I being a mustang guy at heart, with a jeep lovin wife, I was kinda weary about the whole offroading thing. My mind was changed this weekend at the gorge. I won't give up my cobra for a jeep, but I will drive hers whenever I can. The only bad thing about the weekend was.... It's going to cost me a ton of money now.;) ;) Thanks for making a newbie feel welcome, I hope we get the chance to go out again soon.

Originally posted by 94Dodge Truggy View Post
          This run over a beautiful weekend was a first for stang849 and tjjeepjeep and they did damn well. They took their lifted wrangler with open diffs places that I couldn't believe! Excellent driving.
          Thanks Truggy for the compliment, for all the help this weekend, for putting up with tjjeepjeep for the day, and for allowing us to sleep in the trailor.

Pics to follow soon
          Friendship is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it,
          But only you can feel the true warmth.

Comment

When we got there parking was pretty open

First run carnage (sami style)

Truggy, here is that rig you liked so much
            Last edited by Stang849; 09-02-2007, 10:05 PM.

Comment

On the trail

Mallcrawler no more!!!!!!!

Comment

We had a good time this weekend too! Here,s a few pic's that I got!
                Attached Files
                Last edited by DEZROCKS; 09-03-2007, 12:04 AM.
                I caught that JEEP thing, didnt think I would ever get rid of it!

Comment

All the pics look great!! Looks like everyone had an awsome weekend!! I wish i could have made it!:( I will definetly be there on the next run!!:)
                  '84 Cherokee body welded to an '86 Blazer frame , fuel injected 350, 700r4 trans, np208 t-case, 44 front and a welded 14 bolt in the rear on 35" boggers, radiator in the rear, and a full cage

Comment

Working...
                  X