Custom waterjet work $?$

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom waterjet work $?$

Whose had it done and how much .. did you provide the drawing/dxf. file or material ?

I'm having some custom strut mounts made ... each part has roughly 15" of cut path, I provided the 2D Autocad print to the waterjet shop and they're doing the programing.

I was quoted $40 out the door for a qty. of 8 and they provide the A36 1/4" plate.. I thought that sounded damn cheap.. I wouldn't even start making these on a mill for that.

Any thoughts?

Originally posted by JeffK5 View Post
    Whose had it done and how much .. did you provide the drawing/dxf. file or material ?

I'm having some custom strut mounts made ... each part has roughly 15" of cut path, I provided the 2D Autocad print to the waterjet shop and they're doing the programing.

I was quoted $40 out the door for a qty. of 8 and they provide the A36 1/4" plate.. I thought that sounded damn cheap.. I wouldn't even start making these on a mill for that.

Any thoughts?
    Definatly sounds cheap. I talked to the owner of a local machine recently about making some tabs and such and he said no job was to small right now and all I needed to do was scetch them out on paper with a few measurements. I have yet to get a quote though.
    One Country, One Flag, One Language...
    LIKE IT OR LEAVE IT!!!

Comment

cheap for sure. i was thinking 3 times that if i were quoting it.
      sigpic

Comment

Just depends on how buisy the shop is. If they are hungry and need anything you can get stuff done real cheap, if they're buisy you can't get it at all!!!

Comment

damn cheap!

I am looking to have some custom work done... Maybe post the shop name & number? Then we all can take advantage ofd those smokin rates!:) :)

Comment

Once I get them back I'll post some pics .. I haven't seen there quality or accuraccy.

If I'm satisfied with the product I'll get the OK from them to put there shop # out.

Comment

For what you're having done and the price they quoted that is dirt floor cheap.

Comment

Pmd you, get back to me you fag...

Comment

depending on the size, the material might cost that. but on the other hand that might be cuttin your stuff outa some other customers scrap while they are burnin that program;)
                  sigpicI EAT BURRITOS ON EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by cheapthrills49 View Post
                    depending on the size, the material might cost that. but on the other hand that might be cuttin your stuff outa some other customers scrap while they are burnin that program;)
                    I guarantee they are doing exactly that....this is also a legit job with receipt and all.

The shop owner seemed very interested in small/easy/non-contract custom jobs like this.

Comment

Here are my brackets...I was very pleased with fit and finish.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by JeffK5 View Post
                        Once I get them back I'll post some pics .. I haven't seen there quality or accuraccy.

If I'm satisfied with the product I'll get the OK from them to put there shop # out.
                        ...and the verdict is?

Comment

Originally posted by TomH View Post
                          ...and the verdict is?
                          I ran into one problem..the owner isn't interested in having to convert a hand drawn print into CAM form.

I have a friend's son that works for the waterjet shop and will , for a small fee, convert your drawing/print into a dxf. file that can be directly loaded into the waterjet.

It will work like this ... contact my friends son and provide him with your drawing/print/ idea in your head... he then draws it into AutoCad and has it quoted ... you get a total cost.

He also wouldn't be responsible if your idea looks like **** once translated to steel..

Comment

can i provide my own dxf?

Comment

Like Carwash, I can generate DXFs. Not sure what's up with the secret agent stuff, but, it's a deal killer for me.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X