I just have to share these... 2" - 47 spline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just have to share these... 2" - 47 spline

This stuff is just to sexy not to show off... this is the 2" 47spline cromo conversion from Ouverson for the 2.5 ton rockwell... 5 ton strength in a 2.5 housing, if i break these i apparently have bigger problems...

Now, just try and tell me that this **** ain't dead sexy...

I have a nice comparison shot i haven't pulled off the camera yet... add it tonight or tomorrow.

This is for the rear steer axle... here is the rest of the parts to make it all work, should roll it all together within a couple weeks. Steering valve and controller etc from Sean at POS, and ram from surplus center. Doing this on the cheap... ha.

The axle had the very undesirable Rzeppa (pronounced cheppa for some reason) shafts, and wouldn't have lasted 20 minutes of trail pounding. so they go wrapped up and will be trail spares. Not sure i will even trust them to get me back to camp.

Nice! Those are beautious! I would like to see the shafts next to a dana 30 shaft! I have seen the older ball and socket style joint fail a few times! Wheres the u-joints?
    sigpic

Comment

ujoints in the paper wrappers still, u can see them in the first pics.

Comment

Originally posted by carwash View Post
        ujoints in the paper wrappers still, u can see them in the first pics.
        Oh yeah the brute force ones! :p
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by carwash View Post
          I have a nice comparison shot i haven't pulled off the camera yet... add it tonight or tomorrow.
          if this involves any part of the male anatomy we'd appreciate not seeing it.
          of course, if it is somehow a kirby's mom joke, then have at it.

i've always wanted to see a pic of one of these next to a pop can.
          zuk buggy.....it'll be a jeep eventually.

Comment

Bad ass ... I love top-o-the-line parts!

Where's your weak link now...trans case?

Comment

Originally posted by JeffK5 View Post
              Where's your weak link now...trans case?
              That's probably not far from the truth... although in "stupid low" it might actually be tcase bits just from the multiplication... :confused:

The parts are sick... can't wait to see them in person...
              brad

5.0L | 435 | 203 | 300 | 4.10 | 39.5
              Buildup BACK underway...

sigpic

Comment

Weak link now becomes the bull gear. At least that's what other folks running the 47's are breaking.

Comment

My junk!

How's this for bling..... a long side RCV Dana 60 axle made of cryo'd 300M with a 16" ORI strut thrown in for good measure!
                  Attached Files

Comment

you take the worst bling pics ever... show us the fun part of that RCV... let's see that red bell!!!

Comment

I want those rcv"s BAD!!! Cant wait to get mine!
                      Dont look @ me in that tone of voice or I WILL PUNCH YOU IN THE SHIRT! :mad:

Comment

Here's the other stuff..300M croy'd bell , cromo stub and the bad-ass() toilet plunger thingy.
                        Attached Files

Comment

now we're talking...

Comment

Yes the axles where cool and all but I noticed those clevis ends in the sixth pic that look bad ass... more on those. ;)

Also, I'm going to show my Rockwell stupidity but what are those splined 8-bolt flanged looking things... I'm going to guess that they are part of the rear spool?

Comment

Not part of the spool, it IS the spool. Bull gear bolts between them. It replaces the full carrier.

Comment

Working...
                              X