got a little work done to the jeep.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• got a little work done to the jeep.

got a little work done to the jeep over the last 3 months. i've been working 6 day weeks at the post office, 8-10 hours a day, then working atthe wife's gym most nights too, then family stuff on sundays, so this was quite the accomplishment for me. got some red labels, some new 17'' wheels, welded up some offroad overstock beadlocks, built a new front bumper (have no pic of it), cut off the rear of the frame, and narrowed and raised it kinda like kirby did to his. i'm going to redo the whole rear frame in the future when i switch to airshocks back there. i redid the front a little to drop to 16'' airshocks from the 18'' i originally had up there. the pics are sitting at full bump up front, i only have about an inch of clearance b/t the crank and the upper link mounts. i may push the axle forwar another 2-3 inches to give me another couple inches of uptravel. still have a set of 35 spline ten factory shafts sitting on the workbench to install. finally after 3 years i installed a tcase shifter today (never had a reason to take it out fo 4 low since i built it, so never worried about it), and the starter switch went out today, so i installed a push button started today.

by switching tot he new wheels and tires, it skinnied teh jeep up from 94'' outside of tire, to 80.5''. i went from both tires hanging halfway off the trailer, to being able to fit between the fenders.

i still have to get the front bumper mounted, buy a new winch (gave the old warn to butch, it needed a new motor, solenoid, and cable), find a deal on some 35 spline drive flanges (if i can't find a deal, i'm going to either buy some branik flanges or fat girl flanges from rpm offroad), rework the cage, it currently has a TOR cage, but i REALLY hate it, and am going to cut it out and redo it one of these weekends, and charge and tune the shocks, add front and rear tow points, and get some new led taillights. a good weekends worth of work, and it will be ready to wheel (although, we were going to head to attica thursday, but butch has a dr's appointment now).

here's how it looked before

here's how it looks now

zuk buggy.....it'll be a jeep eventually.

heres the rear cross member, you can tell how much it raised it up (the original cross member and bumper had 1'' of clearance betweet it and the tire)

here's the tread on my sweet 95% tread $800 krawlers.

greg
    zuk buggy.....it'll be a jeep eventually.

Comment

My offer still stands! I'll give you 1000 bucks for those crappy worn out tires

Comment

Working...
      X