Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

**PLEASE READ** Important Announcement - CORE is shutting down.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• **PLEASE READ** Important Announcement - CORE is shutting down.

Due to conditions outside the control of current members and officers, it has been brought to my attention that it is required that the CORE club be dissolved. This has been presented to me by our founding legal advisory staff. There has been a recent lawsuit come to light that directly involves the club in a major part of it. If the club dissolves now, the founding and current officers have much less to lose as far as legal ramifications are concerned.

This dissolving includes the club as its non-profit entity as well as any other dealings the club is involved in, including but not limited to, this forum and website in general.

Please be advised that this dissolution will be final and permanent as of midnight this Sunday, April 4th. This website will be offline and unavailable as of noon on saturday. Please make sure you get any information/pictures/data etc that you might need from here before then.

Sorry for the inconvenience this will cause, but there really is no other way around it. I have gone round and round with lawyers for 3 full days regarding this, and there is no way around it. It is a possibility that the club can be created again after this current situation has blown over, but for now it's not possible for it to be in existence. Some people have a lot to lose over this.

Thanks and please respond here if you have any questions or concerns regarding this, and I will do my best to answer them.

We were really hoping that we would be able to find a loophole to avoid this. We've made great strides in the club and hate to see it have to come down to this. Unfortunately we see no other way ...
    I want to be the reason you look down at your phone and smile........then walk into a pole.

Comment

oh golly this stinks. :(

where will i sell my junk

who can i talk to for advice?

just when my post count was skyrocketing it all has to crash down.
      sigpic

Comment

Hate to hear all that...

is there any way to create a new forum
        unrelated to the core issue

so we all can still irritate each other?

if so , the cost to create and maitain a forum?
        For you guys who can't drive, I have owned a frame rack for several years. Prices are based on your skill and ability to wreck it....

Comment

I have been exploring the time/effort/cost associated with starting/mainting a new forum, which includes identifying a domain name to use. It certainly is reasonable to do and I feel is worthy of the effort to ensure contact with our friends. Basically we're looking at a cost of around $500 to get the items we need to begin. Then we (Mike and I) would need to work on building the site itself. It can't happen overnight, but seems reasonable that it can happen..
          I want to be the reason you look down at your phone and smile........then walk into a pole.

Comment

What is happened that involves the forum? I like getting on here even though i dont post much anymore.But i like reading everyones post about projects and what not.

Comment

just a thought but maybe someone can start a group on facebook.. i just joined a local group for boaters as i also enjoy boating as a hobby.. but i thought it was a good idea cause im gonna get the chance to make friends with other local boaters.. and right now they have over 200 people joined there group.. plus its free,i belive
              any ways i jus thought it might be a good idea and a way to keep in touch at least till another sight is started

Comment

The forum, being a club-run entity, is part of the club. Anything written, implied, said about, etc, represents and can be used for or against the club. Therefore it must be shut down along with the club itself.

I don't make the rules, I just lay them down in accordance with what the legal staff tell me to. No big deal, start a new forum I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by carwash View Post
                  \.................. No big deal, start a new forum I guess.
                  I'm in.
                  For you guys who can't drive, I have owned a frame rack for several years. Prices are based on your skill and ability to wreck it....

Comment

Originally posted by fabricator View Post
                    I'm in.
                    no you're not!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by carwash View Post
                      The forum, being a club-run entity, is part of the club. Anything written, implied, said about, etc, represents and can be used for or against the club. Therefore it must be shut down along with the club itself.

I don't make the rules, I just lay them down in accordance with what the legal staff tell me to. No big deal, start a new forum I guess.
                      Sucks to see this happen, i have enjoyed the little time i have spent on the forum and it has been a wealth of info... I hope we all can find a way to stay in contact and get another forum up and running as soon possible.

I will be more than willing to help in anyway i can.

I hope this is not something that will have a lasting effect to anyone and that disolving the club and the forum will take care of 99% of whatever the issue might be.

Just when i was getting ready to start a build thread for my fj60..:(

If there is anything i can to help feel free to contact me
                      gothodgie@cinci.rr.com
                      Chris Hodges

sigpic
                      chris hodges
                      96 fzj80 3x locked, 4"lift, 37s, homebrew sliders and bumpers,a work in progress
                      71 fj55, SOA, locked...The jungle bus... retired

Comment

Not even a member but a lurker.......

Nice prank

Comment

Originally posted by phishtacoma View Post
                          Not even a member but a lurker.......

Nice prank
                          hmm... 4/1.....:confused:
                          sigpic
                          chris hodges
                          96 fzj80 3x locked, 4"lift, 37s, homebrew sliders and bumpers,a work in progress
                          71 fj55, SOA, locked...The jungle bus... retired

Comment

Was gonna say something about changing our site to Topeka ... and see who used Google today... ;)

It is nice to note that ya'll appreciate the site tho

Comment

Yes, the new forums should be up soon...

Let's call them...

www.AprilFoolsOffroadClub.com

you tards! nice work to those that figured it out.

Comment

Working...
                              X