Slade is (NOT) closed to public use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slade is (NOT) closed to public use

The mayor of Powell County which consists of Slade, Ky announced Tuesday that the area will be closed for public use due to destruction of natural resources.
    I'll let you know more when today's paper comes out.
    Last edited by BIGRAM; 04-03-2010, 11:15 PM.
    1994 Dodge Ram 5.9L SWB
    3/4 axles, 39.5 IROKS, HYDRO assist

This better be April fools joke.... not funny by the way.

Originally posted by BIGRAM View Post
    The mayor of Powell County which consists of Slade, Ky announced Tuesday that the area will be closed for public use due to destruction of natural resources.
    I'll let you know more when today's paper comes out.

Comment

Hoping for april fools relief here...

Comment

I can't get the paper 'til tomorrow but it's not sounding good. Apparently a fellow from the Cumberland Ranger District was down for a city council meeting Tuesday to meet with the city council. They have found traces of petroleum located 3 miles downstream of the Sand Lick creeks. They think it is from excessive use of ATV/ OHV use and want to stop use immediately before it gets into the Red Riiver.

They are giving the area a three weeks notice to inform the local community by newspaper. It will be gated and trespassers will be prosecuted and largely fined. No other information about re-opening the area has been planned.
        1994 Dodge Ram 5.9L SWB

Comment

GOOD NEWS!! They are allowing electric power wheels in the area, big wheels are limited to paved roads, and sky diving is now permitted in all creeks!!

At least there was some compromise on April 1rst.

Sorry for the confusion.
          1994 Dodge Ram 5.9L SWB

Comment

so WTF? You serious about it closing, or just a joke?

Comment

Slade (NOT) closed

It was just a bad joke. Hopefully this will never happen, but I know there are eyes on the area. They outta just stay behind their desks and let it be.

I apologize for the scare.
              1994 Dodge Ram 5.9L SWB

Comment

It's not a bad joke... hey it's April fools and if they can't take a joke then they need to get that big old pole removed from thier @$$....

BTW... the jokes that get everyone all up in arms are the best... LOL!

Comment

They have found traces of petroleum located 3 miles downstream of the Sand Lick creeks. They think it is from excessive use of ATV/ OHV use and want to stop use immediately before it gets into the Red Riiver.

you don't think any of that would come from the oil they are drilling all around there would you !!!
                  95 yj, fresh fuel injected 302, c-6, twin sticked 205, 3 linked high pinion d60 front, double trianulated 4 linked 14 bolt rear (all aluminum links) locked both ends, 4:56 gears, full hydro steering, high steer, 4 wheel discs, 16" 2.5 fox air shocks, 39.5" irok's. just finishing a full frame-up redo thanks to a great friend and one knowledgable(sp?) s.o.b casey cravens for without him this could not have been done in such a short time and done right!

LOOK OUT "WHITEY" HERE I COME!!!

Comment

I can take a joke, just not one where you take away already endangered public land D-bag...

Its no joke, our club is working hard to keep it open.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGRAM View Post
                      I can't get the paper 'til tomorrow but it's not sounding good. Apparently a fellow from the Cumberland Ranger District was down for a city council meeting Tuesday to meet with the city council. They have found traces of petroleum located 3 miles downstream of the Sand Lick creeks. They think it is from excessive use of ATV/ OHV use and want to stop use immediately before it gets into the Red Riiver.

They are giving the area a three weeks notice to inform the local community by newspaper. It will be gated and trespassers will be prosecuted and largely fined. No other information about re-opening the area has been planned.
                      It might be a joke now, but it sounds awfully familar. The same way it started in Tenn/N Carolina with the area everyone calls Tellico. Except there it is about the "trout habitat".

If anyone is interested, here is a link to a forum that has a ton of info about what is going on with the Tellico, and what has happened to the trails there.
                      http://forum.ih8mud.com/tn-stlca/269...o-up-date.html

sigpic
                      chris hodges
                      96 fzj80 3x locked, 4"lift, 37s, homebrew sliders and bumpers,a work in progress
                      71 fj55, SOA, locked...The jungle bus... retired

Comment

Originally posted by KennyTJ View Post
                        It's not a bad joke... hey it's April fools and if they can't take a joke then they need to get that big old pole removed from thier @$$....

BTW... the jokes that get everyone all up in arms are the best... LOL!

Thanks, I thought I was going to get black-balled. I'll have one of those beers.

The history I know of is that the creeks are the concern. Not the petro but endangering the fish swimming in the dried creekbeds. If you notice, the creeks run underground in many areas and you hardly ever see any fish. I'm actually doing research on this subject. If anyone has any factual material, please forward it to me.
                        1994 Dodge Ram 5.9L SWB

Comment

Working...
                        X