No announcement yet.

natural bridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

harlan is private land tho... big difference.

Comment

It would be nice to see Slade in controlled recreational environment. I have rode there all my life and there is opportunity for this. Hopefully the government will see the positives that could come from this.
      1994 Dodge Ram 5.9L SWB
      3/4 axles, 39.5 IROKS, HYDRO assist

Comment

I planned a trip to white's arch last year with my son. We were going to hike there from the campsite next to the creek. Climb down the side with a box of trash bags and do a good clean up. Spending the night under the arch and hiking out the next morning.

That trip got postponed, maybe we'll make it this year. By the way we just got back from Gaitlenberg and did 47 miles in 3 days. My legs are so worn it was hard to press the gas pedal on the drive home.

Comment

Originally posted by carwash View Post
          harlan is private land tho... big difference.
          Isn't it owned by Harlan County??? aside from Black Moutain trails???

Comment

harlan has a lease with the private land owners i believe

Comment

Originally posted by Jordandg View Post
              harlan has a lease with the private land owners i believe
              correct, at least that's what i have been led to believe.

Comment

Only a couple of small portions are owned privately. Most of actual park is owned by the county. However the park is surrounded buy private property with trails as well. I was just talking to the park manager Brandon Goins about his last week as I am putting together a HUMMER Event there next month.
                The Hummer Club Inc.
                Director - Events Planning/Ambassador Program
                Eric@TheHummerClubInc.com
                www.thehummerclubinc.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bear Chow View Post
                  I planned a trip to white's arch last year with my son. We were going to hike there from the campsite next to the creek. Climb down the side with a box of trash bags and do a good clean up. Spending the night under the arch and hiking out the next morning.

That trip got postponed, maybe we'll make it this year. By the way we just got back from Gaitlenberg and did 47 miles in 3 days. My legs are so worn it was hard to press the gas pedal on the drive home.
                  IF you make the trip this year, let me know and I will drive up(to where I can) and haul the trash out. I know there is an Olds Alero down there but it won't fit in a bag. THat will be a good hike, good luck and thanks for your interest in helping clean up.
                  1994 Dodge Ram 5.9L SWB
                  3/4 axles, 39.5 IROKS, HYDRO assist

Comment

Originally posted by HumminNBoatin View Post
                    Only a couple of small portions are owned privately. Most of actual park is owned by the county. However the park is surrounded buy private property with trails as well. I was just talking to the park manager Brandon Goins about his last week as I am putting together a HUMMER Event there next month.
                    Most of the park is owned by a coal company. the county has a long term lease with them.

Comment

You beat me to it Greg.
                      91 Ranger ext cab, 60, 14 bolt, 4:88's, 39.5's, doubler, lot's of character

Comment

Regarding whether the land is private or government owned, it is different but I have seen about as many private parks shut down as government owned lands to fourwheeling. Typically the local government enforces or restricts zoning laws that prevents these types of places from staying open.

Comment

Working...
                        X