Fair price to haul a vehicle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fair price to haul a vehicle

I know some of you guys have had some hauling done recently, let me know your thoughts.

Hauling a large car from Stanton, Ky to Roanoke, Va (approx 350 one way), almost 6 hours drive time one way. I'm using my truck and trailer, and my Saturday when I could be playing in the woods.

What is the best way to figure a fair price to my advantage for doing this? Mileage, hours, miles + hours?

Thanks for the input,
    1994 Dodge Ram 5.9L SWB
    3/4 axles, 39.5 IROKS, HYDRO assist

Truggy, how did they figure the rate to move your Jeep?
    1994 Dodge Ram 5.9L SWB

Comment

Originally posted by BIGRAM View Post
      Truggy, how did they figure the rate to move your Jeep?
      charge per loaded mile. not sure on the amount, depends on your milage you get pulling and what not. i would think about $1.25 a loaded mile would be fair. i think that is what we figured when we were going to haul my willys to louisiana. remember that when hauling something for someone, your trailer and whatever is on it, is not covered by your insurance, make sure you have a waiver signed before you haul, and a release form when you drop it.

greg
      zuk buggy.....it'll be a jeep eventually.

Comment

Thanks for the input.

I was thinking $.50 per mile on 350 miles plus $12 an hour for 12 hrs equaling $494.

If I charge $1.25 a mile one way it equals $437.50.

It's not a huge difference and it sounds high but my truck will probably get about 10 miles per gallon loaded. At $2.70 a gallon that is $94.50 one way and about $70 more to get back.

$494.00 $437.5
        -164.50 -164.5 -gas
        $329.50 $273.00 profit

Is the risk, wear and tear, and time worth the profit?
        1994 Dodge Ram 5.9L SWB

Comment

$800.00 to go 1600 miles which was a good deal and I had to wait paiently for 3 weeks to get it. 1.25 per mile is fair.
          sigpic

Comment

If you are only hualing their car and basically on their schedule then I don't see how either price is bad, both seem to be a good deal for me.
            88 XJ - 5" lift - 35" BFG's - Bumpers - Rock Rails - Homebrewed OBA - Roof Rack - Tube Doors - Trimmed - Dented

87 XJ - D44 - Disco D30 - 235's - 231TC - Stock for now

Comment

Working...
            X