3A brake upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3A brake upgrade

Since I enjoy reading about all of your projects, I thought I would share the project I have been working on most of the winter. I have been working to upgrade my Willys to disc brakes. The front was all bolt on parts. The rear, shown in the photo was a little more work for me. This picture shows one side as it sits today. I just need to run a short section of brake line from the junction on top of the pumpkin to the end of the flex hose you see in the picture. Reattach the springs, the u-joint, a brake line and bleed the system. Maybe a prayer and then see how it all works.

John
    Attached Files
    sigpic1950 CJ3A. Oddfire 225 V6, T-86 transmission, Dana 18 transfer case, 4 wheel disc brakes, locked front and rear. Manual saginaw steering. Warn winch, 9,000#.

I'll start for you.

"Dear God, we praise you for one less cursed drum brake system in this world......"

Lookin' clean.
    1988 Suzuki Samurai on propane
    FJ 40 axles (4.10)
    5.14 tcase
    36" TSL SX

Comment

Hey, that looks great John. Should be a nice upgrade for you when you complete it.
      91 Ranger ext cab, 60, 14 bolt, 4:88's, 39.5's, doubler, lot's of character

Comment

Thanks for the comments guys.

With 60 horsepower of engine, I need all the braking I can get. :)
        sigpic1950 CJ3A. Oddfire 225 V6, T-86 transmission, Dana 18 transfer case, 4 wheel disc brakes, locked front and rear. Manual saginaw steering. Warn winch, 9,000#.

Comment

Working...
        X