Exhaust pipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust pipe

I am looking for a source for some 2.5" or 2.25" exhaust pipe. I need about 8' but a whole stick would be fine. I have stopped in all the shops(midas, carX, etc) around me and they tell me they can't sell it unless i have some work done there. Never really had any luck with the parts stores either.

Just wondering if anybody had some laying around you wanted to get rid of or a source where i did not have to buy a minimum amount.

thanks
    chris
    sigpic
    chris hodges
    96 fzj80 3x locked, 4"lift, 37s, homebrew sliders and bumpers,a work in progress
    71 fj55, SOA, locked...The jungle bus... retired

Most Kentucky motors stores should have it or able to get it, I know the Newport store does have it.

Here is the redneck tip of the day depending on what your doing with it. I have used 2 inch EMT conduit before for exhaust, galvanized last longer, not pleasant to weld but it's like 10 bucks per 10 foot at the Home Depot. It has .065 wall, 2.197 OD so it's about a 1/16th under 2.25.
    But it's about the redneck tech.

Comment

Originally posted by cheech View Post
      Most Kentucky motors stores should have it or able to get it, I know the Newport store does have it.

Here is the redneck tip of the day depending on what your doing with it. I have used 2 inch EMT conduit before for exhaust, galvanized last longer, not pleasant to weld but it's like 10 bucks per 10 foot at the Home Depot. It has .065 wall, 2.197 OD so it's about a 1/16th under 2.25.
      But it's about the redneck tech.
      Thanks

I know the redneck way all to well... I once used some 2.5" schedule 40 for some exhaust... Had a really interesting tone to it...
      sigpic
      chris hodges
      96 fzj80 3x locked, 4"lift, 37s, homebrew sliders and bumpers,a work in progress
      71 fj55, SOA, locked...The jungle bus... retired

Comment

Midas on Beechmont sold me a 6' piece of 3" when I was fabbing the WTF-J exhaust. I stopped in a couple of the other shops and they would have sold me tube, but they didn't have 3"

Comment

I know the ma and pa local exhaust shop will sell pipe. Never tried the chain places but not surprised.

Comment

Smyth's sells it as well.

Comment

I've bought exhaust pipe from Napa before.
              Willys buggy 4.3, 350 trans, toy axles, linked suspension, air shocks

Comment

Working...
              X