It's done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's done

finally after 3 months and a complete frame up she is going out tomorrow for her 1st shakedown run
    Attached Files
    Last edited by boomhauer; 04-24-2010, 10:30 PM.
    95 yj, fresh fuel injected 302, c-6, twin sticked 205, 3 linked high pinion d60 front, double trianulated 4 linked 14 bolt rear (all aluminum links) locked both ends, 4:56 gears, full hydro steering, high steer, 4 wheel discs, 16" 2.5 fox air shocks, 39.5" irok's. just finishing a full frame-up redo thanks to a great friend and one knowledgable(sp?) s.o.b casey cravens for without him this could not have been done in such a short time and done right!

LOOK OUT "WHITEY" HERE I COME!!!

very nice...
    sigpic
    chris hodges
    96 fzj80 3x locked, 4"lift, 37s, homebrew sliders and bumpers,a work in progress
    71 fj55, SOA, locked...The jungle bus... retired

Comment

Glad to see you all got it done. Good luck with the first trip out. Hopefully see you guys at Slade for the fundraiser.
      www.roarkfabrication.com

Comment

jeep

Looks good man...hopefully will be wheelin with you in a few weeks..
        ZUKI linked f/r 16v air shocks cut 39.5" tsl. exod. full hydro F/R. rear steer.

Comment

looks NIce
          --------
          O____O
          (O|||||||O)
          --O---O--

Comment

Looks Good! How did she do today?
            One Country, One Flag, One Language...
            LIKE IT OR LEAVE IT!!!

Comment

Looks good. See you all in a few weeks.

Comment

boomy

Originally posted by biggin69 View Post
                Looks Good! How did she do today?
                well if it means anything, it did blazer with no winching !!!!! gabby

Comment

never pulled cable all day !!! does seem to drop a couple of cylinders when she gets up to running temp and you want to climb something (any ideas) but other than that was very pleased with the rest of it performance wise. this is one very well built jeep. once we get the motor right it be be a point and go rig i believe
                  95 yj, fresh fuel injected 302, c-6, twin sticked 205, 3 linked high pinion d60 front, double trianulated 4 linked 14 bolt rear (all aluminum links) locked both ends, 4:56 gears, full hydro steering, high steer, 4 wheel discs, 16" 2.5 fox air shocks, 39.5" irok's. just finishing a full frame-up redo thanks to a great friend and one knowledgable(sp?) s.o.b casey cravens for without him this could not have been done in such a short time and done right!

Comment

Looks great Boomie... Congrats to you and Casey!

Up the "V-groove" of Blazer, or is there still that "eaiser" section on the right as you approach?

Tell us more of the dropping cylinders...
                    brad

5.0L | 435 | 203 | 300 | 4.10 | 39.5
                    Buildup BACK underway...

sigpic

Comment

there is no easier side anymore, pretty much gotta get your front up on the left and walk the rear to the right till you get a line and shoot it. don't really know how state it really ran great till go to upper devil's brew then just laid on it's ass. running prolly on six of eight. thought i had it worked out so went today and flat ground watch out. runs like a scalded dog but put it in low range and play uphill for any amount of time and it just loses power. any ideas anyone?

new tps and tfi on it. of course plugs and cap and whatnot are all new. only coil, comp., map sensor are used i thinkand injectors

Comment

not map... you have maf (mass air flow)

My speed density setup has a map sensor... but I digress...

Hard tellin' without being at the thing... you know the drill... has to be one of four things... air, compression, fuel or spark...

Didn't you say that an injector was ugly or something?
                        Guess I'm just askin' if you're sure it's spark related?

You called Amos already and *****ed, didn't you?
                        brad

5.0L | 435 | 203 | 300 | 4.10 | 39.5
                        Buildup BACK underway...

sigpic

Comment

On a FI motor that runs poorly uphill only I'd be looking at a fuel delivery problem. Pickup uncovering, weak pump, collapsing screen or hose, filter etc. Any chance something is shifting under load, including the engine, causing a fuel line to get pinched or a wire to rub? It's probably going to be something dumb.

Comment

i was telling a friend of ours that screws with 5.0l's alot in hotrods, and the first thing he asked was how were your injectors. he said to try and isolate which cylinders are cutting, then try swapping injectors and see if it changes anything. he thought it seemed fuel related too.

good to hear its working, we're hoping to get joey's and mine out on sunday before they head to the RCQ next weekend.
                            zuk buggy.....it'll be a jeep eventually.

Comment

Working...
                            X