info on a toyota

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• info on a toyota

i have a 89 toyota and cut all the ifs off of it and put the rear springs in the front and put 4 inch lift springs in the back well i was told that would lift the front but it didnt so was i suppose to put different year springs in the front or what?

im possibly lookin to have someone finish the front or redo it if its not right the guy i had doin it hasnt wanted to do any work to it in awhile and i wanna get out wheeling but i am i dumb ass when it comes to fabing stuff and figuring out how and where stuff goes when redoing stuff so if anyone would be interested in maybe the work i could bring it to u or take pics or whatever i need to do to get a possible estimate on what it might cost

My standard response: Armstrong Automotive (Scott). Shop is in Fairfield (by Jungle Jim's). Number is 513-939-3903.
    I want to be the reason you look down at your phone and smile........then walk into a pole.

Comment

ill 2nd that....great shop and scott does things right
      --------
      O____O
      (O|||||||O)
      --O---O--

Comment

Scott just recently completed a SAS on a 4 runner so I am sure he can help you.

A friend and Myself just recenlty comleted a SAS on his '91 Yota Truck. It was not that bad of a job for the mechanically inclined but it is time consuming. He bout the SAS kit from Trial Gear which included everything needed (almost) to complete the swap.
        One Country, One Flag, One Language...
        LIKE IT OR LEAVE IT!!!

Comment

I think it depends on the motor, bumper, winch, etc.
          Basically, the weight up front determines how well the rears up front will work. On my 90 4-runner with the V6, I used rears up front and added like 3 or 4 leafs from another rear pack. You have to cut and stagger the leafs. My leaf packs flex out great but are a bit thick. I need to lose a leaf somehow because the high steer (sky offroad) tie rod rubs the leaf when the steering is at full lock. Honestly I think I'm just going to order Trail Gear springs when I get around to it. Not too expensive and if you already have the spring hanger and shackle tubes welded on, then the trail gear springs would bolt right up.

Comment

Originally posted by tree_bashed_sammy View Post
            i have a 89 toyota and cut all the ifs off of it and put the rear springs in the front and put 4 inch lift springs in the back well i was told that would lift the front but it didnt so was i suppose to put different year springs in the front or what?

im possibly lookin to have someone finish the front or redo it if its not right the guy i had doin it hasnt wanted to do any work to it in awhile and i wanna get out wheeling but i am i dumb ass when it comes to fabing stuff and figuring out how and where stuff goes when redoing stuff so if anyone would be interested in maybe the work i could bring it to u or take pics or whatever i need to do to get a possible estimate on what it might cost
            just trying flipping the helper spring over and that should do it
            95 yj, fresh fuel injected 302, c-6, twin sticked 205, 3 linked high pinion d60 front, double trianulated 4 linked 14 bolt rear (all aluminum links) locked both ends, 4:56 gears, full hydro steering, high steer, 4 wheel discs, 16" 2.5 fox air shocks, 39.5" irok's. just finishing a full frame-up redo thanks to a great friend and one knowledgable(sp?) s.o.b casey cravens for without him this could not have been done in such a short time and done right!

LOOK OUT "WHITEY" HERE I COME!!!

Comment

Working...
            X